Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just picked up my first (driveable) power stroke. It's a 97 f250 powerstroke, 265k with e40d. Was in a single family since 97, grandpa had it and was passed down to the grandson till I bought it. Claims transmission was replaced 90k miles ago. Has power hungry tuner 65hp. 3in down pipes to a 5 in exhaust with a 8in tip.

Truck seems to run and sound good but I'm uncertain where I should start besides I'm wanting to put the front straight axle and possibly the springs off my 99 superduty parts truck. Seems the hubs, ball joints, and springs
are toast on my ttb dana 50. Actually would like to put a 4-6in lift and 4r100 in the truck as its gonna be my daily and occasional tow rig to crawling events. Later down the road would like to get this thing to 5 hundreds hphish. But maybe some advice on how to keep this thing reliable and build cost efficient.

Super stoked to build this thing and learn from you guys. Take care and stay Corona free 馃馃嚭馃嚥

Registered
Remember that your 99 year truck is going to have a different bolt pattern on the wheels, so unless you plan to carry two spares or go spare-less you might consider that.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
You know I didn't think about that but i could always swap the rear also. It seem 8x170 is easier to find in my area as far as marketplace or craigslist goes

Registered
The D50 and D60 share a lot of parts. Might be able to swap some of the components around to keep the pre-99 bolt pattern. I'm not sure, but it might be worth looking at.
My 96 has a 6" lift, but I kept the D50. I actually like the TTB, but that's probably because I've learned to deal with them on my old Ford Rangers and they do make a difference for higher speed off-roading. My 96 is a constant build in progress. My spare engine is getting built to get to the 5-600 HP range. From the research that I have done, the biggest components that one needs to consider is the HPOP, injectors, the Hydra chip, upgraded turbo, and an intercooler. I'm running the Adrenaline HPOP and the Hydra already, those make a difference on the stock engine alone. For the intercooler, I'm getting a 6.0 intercooler and the 6.0 transmission cooler and installing both at the same time. Supposedly, the 6.0 intercooler is pretty good and not too difficult to get to fit. And the 6.0 transcooler is massive; good since heat is what kills the E4OD more than anything else.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts