Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out and about this evening and tried to put it in park. Shifter lost all tension and became extremely loose. Trans is stuck in D and D2 and D1. Won’t shift up to neutral, reverse, or park. Got the truck home. Shut it off. Now I cannot get it started because it’s stuck in drive. I got under the truck to manually put it in park and I can only shift in between the 3 drive gears. Can’t manually put the selector switch up to park. Any thoughts? The shift cable does move when trying to shift in between the 3 drive gears. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thx

·
don't play well w others
4,068 Posts
Take a torx 50 and an extension, lie on your back under the steering column, on the floor
look up at the end of the shifter at the bottom of the tube under the column, you see 2 bolts. Tighten them up, and problem solved

·
Administrator
8,406 Posts
yup. but make sure trans is on park first.
what i do is disconnect shift cable at trans and put trans in park. then inside cab and put shifter in park, and turn key off locking column. find the torx bolts that fell out of the column on the floor, and tighten them up. then get back under truck and put shift cable back on trans arm.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE: Who ever owned the truck before me installed a shifter cable and Jerry rigged it. Under the dash, the shifter cable bracket was tie wrapped to a large wire loom and it broke. I put it in its metal bracket. Clipped it in and problem solved. Premature freak out guys. Sorry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts