Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
97 super cab short bed

I did a dana 60 + pmf 2.25 rsk swap last summer but just finished putting 4.10s in the rear end so my gear ratios would match.

In 4wd, at essentially any speed, there is a whine when I let off the gas pedal. If I let the pedal out say 3/4 of the way, so that I am decelerating but still have a little of pressure on the pedal, the whine will continue. If I lift my foot completely off the whine only happens for ~1 second. Accelerating it just briefly whines(similar to lifting completely off) and as long as I am maintaining a constant speed i'm not hearing anything.

I was running it on snowy/icy roads anywhere from 30-60 mph....

With the hubs locked but 2wd, no whine.

I describe it more as a whine than a vibration... its more noise than vibration but it is a slight vibration as well.

I hope that made sense....

I am using the stock f250 driveshaft. I haven't had it shortened or balanced yet.

Do you think that taking the pickup to a shop and getting the driveshaft worked over would fix my problem, or does it seem like it is something in the transfer case?

I have had the pickup for less than a year, 109,000 miles.

I honestly don't remember if I even engaged the 4wd when the dana50 was still under it :pointlaugh:

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
You'll need a drive shaft with a CV joint to correct. The one out if a f350 (96-97) will work, but you will need a different yoke on the T case. I can't go over 20 mph in my truck or the drive shaft will vibrate very badly. I still have the single joint.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts