Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this truck for close over two years now and have done a lot of work to it, new exhaust from turbo back (3"), Tymar intake with high flow Donaldson element, new tires, stock burn TS performance chip and a bunch of other stuff that probably never affects mileage. I log my fillups every time so I can monitor mpg. Most of my driving is in the city where I get 15-16 but I took it on a little drive and got 17.99 mpg. I fill up my tanks until I cannot get any more into the filler neck when I do mileage checks so I know my numbers are accurate. I am pleased with the mileage.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
5 speed or auto? 2wd or 4x4?
Tire size?

Good job! I have seen 17mpg in my 97 CCFB so far unloaded on the highway
My truck is 4.10, 5 speed with 33" tires
and apparently that was done with one bad injector O ring! Now I gotta see what she can do with all 8 injectors working as they should

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
5 speed or auto? 2wd or 4x4?
Tire size?

Good job! I have seen 17mpg in my 97 CCFB so far unloaded on the highway
My truck is 4.10, 5 speed with 33" tires
and apparently that was done with one bad injector O ring! Now I gotta see what she can do with all 8 injectors working as they should
Sorry, auto 2WD with stock tire size (which I cannot remember off the top of my head). I also had Stanadyne in the fuel on that trip.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's mind blowing to get 18 MPG out of a 7.3. We also have a new Explorer that barely sees 20 MPG and that only has a small, torque-less 3.5L. You'll pulling off miracles getting that kind of mileage with a beast like that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts