Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening everyone,

This is my first post on this forum. I recently purchased 1997 F250 7.3 for some after work projects here and there. I am confused with the Cooler situation. It looks like previous owner added some extra coolers. Small cooler was originally bolted on the bumper. I am not going to tow with this truck, just like I said it will be a project truck :) Can I disconnect small cooler and seal off the ends? If you could give some explanation on what was done, please do :) I can take more pics if needed. Thank you for any help.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
That looks like a transmission oil cooler . You’ll want to keep that on the truck for sure .
Follow the oil cooler lines back and confirm that they do indeed go into the transmission.
Post some more pictures, that intercooler and the over/under drive is really interesting.
Welcome to the forum .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Welcome to PSN

Your new 97 appears you have some nice upgrades!
First off your 97 is intercooled, congrats! This is a very good upgrade for the obs, especially if you do any towing
They added a larger aux transmission cooler
It also appears to have a banks exhaust brake
And a gear vendors overdrive

Those are some nice upgrades when installed properly and working! How do you like the truck? Are you in contact with the previous owner?

·
Native Texan
8,985 Posts
Well it will depend on how it was tied in if it was added inline with the radiator cooler then u would have to hook the return line back to the radiator cooler. if it is hooked up as a stand alone then you would have to hook back to the radiator cooler. I would just leave it as heat is the number one killer of transmissions. and u don't have to be towing to build heat. aslo make sure it was not added for the gearvenders unit.

I was born into Gobernment health care. And will die in Gobernment Health care. God Bless Our Military Men And Women.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
I’d check to see if this in bumper cooler is linked to the transmission and leave as is, the E4OD auto tranny in these trucks are prone to failure the cooler you keep tranny temps the better. Looks like you’ve some great mods already, Banks engine brake and gear venders are really nice mods. Is your truck 4x4 of 4x2?
Welcome to PSN.
j

1 - 5 of 5 Posts