Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
changed out fuelpump( calif. emissions) pulsation dampner, fuel lines from pump to head, now I have a leak on fitting on left side fitting fuel inlet to head. Are these fittings available thru Ford.... do they have the ck valve in the fitting??? is this part serviceable and having a long cranking to start motor.. must have low PSI in head any Ideas or fixes

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
On the fuel line side, that nut comes off and has a rubber washer inside.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
changed out fuelpump( calif. emissions) pulsation dampner, fuel lines from pump to head, now I have a leak on fitting on left side fitting fuel inlet to head. Are these fittings available thru Ford.... do they have the ck valve in the fitting??? is this part serviceable and having a long cranking to start motor.. must have low PSI in head any Ideas or fixes
If you are talking about the hard lines that go into the head from the lift pump, there are two small rubber washers Can be found here , sorry dont have ford number

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Is the leak at the threads on the fitting into the head or where the fuel line joins the fitting? As 79jasper mentions, there is a sleeve at the fuel line-to-fitting joint. As far as I know there are no check valves in the head fittings. Cheers!

Reactions: CA7.3

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I installed new line set up it had new nut and rubber washer and the motor was cleaned before i started it and that is when I noticed leak after I installed all thislll

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found the fitting thru diesel orings and it has a ford number sounded like it had a ck valve inside...

·
Registered
39 Posts
I found the fitting thru diesel orings and it has a ford number sounded like it had a ck valve inside...
So its not sleeves in the lines in back of head? or was it the return hose? if you replaced the hard lines and didn't replace the sleeves I would order those two because more then likely that could be it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is the leak at the threads on the fitting into the head or where the fuel line joins the fitting? As 79jasper mentions, there is a sleeve at the fuel line-to-fitting joint. As far as I know there are no check valves in the head fittings. Cheers!
So its not sleeves in the lines in back of head? or was it the return hose? if you replaced the hard lines and didn't replace the sleeves I would order those two because more then likely that could be it.

the new hard lines came with nuts and 1/4 inch sleeves in the or on the lines already they were ready to go....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
there is no return hose in back of the HEad
it seems the leak is at the threads have to clean it and restart it to ck for leak

·
Registered
39 Posts
there is no return hose in back of the HEad

it seems the leak is at the threads have to clean it and restart it to ck for leak
It’s probably the sleeves we where talking about

·
Registered
39 Posts
i will be looking at the sleeves and taking those apart and checking those out.....
Can you take a picture of exactly where leak is at?

·
Registered
39 Posts
sorry have removed parts already going out to get parts next...
No worries, if you get a chance when you get the stuff ect take a pic and post in discussion

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Iirc, I tightened mine. I'm pretty sure it's a tapered thread.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 20 of 30 Posts