Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For as long as I can remember if you leave the truck sit for a long period of time it seems like it looses the oil or fuel prime to some of the injectors. Shakes and misses until you drive it down the road and give it a lot of fuel it will smooth out instantly. Just recently was driving around town had foot to the fuel pretty hard and all of a sudden it felt like I lost an injector or 2. I made it back home and parked it. The next morning it started harder than normal and as it was warming up it began idling erratically and shaking. Then the engine died. It would not start up again. The first thing to come to mind was either the IDM had failed or the cam sensor was faulty. I checked both of those on a scan tool. It did have a faulty cam sensor code but no IDM code. I replaced the cam sensor. It still will not start. It also passed the buzz test on the injectors. I found a used IDM on Craigslist and swapped it out. Still will not even attempt to start. I checked the HPOP oil reservoir and it was full. I also monitored the ICP on the datastream when turning the engine over it would go up slightly over 3000psi. The engine sounds like it wants to start but just keeps puffing white smoke out the exhaust and not starting. I keep getting the reoccurring code of P0344 cam sensor circuit intermittent. Any Ideas what I should do next?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay I got it started. It is running pretty rough. I am watching the datastream on the scanner and everything looks normal running 730psi of ICP at an idle. I am going to let it warm up and charge the batteries for awile and see if it smooths out. If not I am going to do a cylinder contribution test to see if I have a bad injector or 2. That was stange its almost like it ran out of fuel. Also I cant get that cam sensor code to completely go away.

·
JFURNER77
404 Posts
Sounds like HPOP system is working. Still check injectors and fuel pressure. If you keep getting CPS code, this may not be good. Have you checked connection and harness? I always ohm the engine harness for high resistence when there is a consistent problem with sensors. You could also have a problem with cam gear.:(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts