Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
CAT lover
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to buy the intermediate brake cable for my truck? I have looked all over the place I cannot seem to find the right part number and keep getting the wrong parts. My truck is a crew cab long bed 168.4 inch wheelbase And I need the intermediate parking brake cable where to get it for at least the part number.
This is the cable from the E brake pedal to the brake equalizer along side the driver side frame.

Thank you for your time and help.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
Have you checked Rock Auto or Bronco Graveyard?

·
Project Shamu
2,731 Posts

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
If the cables you are finding are too short they can be cut and piece spliced in.

That is if you can't find the right one and with these trucks being 22+ years old parts are becoming harder and harder to come by.

·
CAT lover
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I was trying to make sure I got the right wheelbase. It’s just annoying that ford doesn’t carry this very common part anymore. Bronco graveyard doesn’t seem to have it unfortunately that’s usually my first stop.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
Dealers usually quit carrying or even having in stock parts after 10 years. Then we usually have to depend on aftermarket.

Can you imagine the warehouse that Ford would have to have to stock parts for vehicles going back X amount of years? The cost would drive new vehicle cost up so high that you would never be able to afford one, as if you can afford a new one now

·
Project Shamu
2,731 Posts
Dealers usually quit carrying or even having in stock parts after 10 years. Then we usually have to depend on aftermarket.

Can you imagine the warehouse that Ford would have to have to stock parts for vehicles going back X amount of years? The cost would drive new vehicle cost up so high that you would never be able to afford one, as if you can afford a new one now
Maybe that's why they're so expensive!

I wonder if they have a warehouse full of 7.3 crate engines that they just can't sell....

·
CAT lover
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Found it. 88.5” thanks guys!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts