Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 F350 with 205k miles. It is stock other than a Hypertech chip that I was told was in it when I bought the truck 7 years ago. I want to do some performance upgrades. What should I start with from the beginning? I expect this to be an ongoing project. I have read that the first should be some gauges and maybe the downpipe. Just want some opinions as to where to start. Should I gut the stock exhaust and run larger pipe from motor to rear. Remember this truck is stock.

TCinSC

·
Registered
89 Posts
First off welcome to the nation ! I would start with a intake, and a full exhaust from the turbo back!

·
Powerstrokin'
847 Posts
I would get set of guages first then an upgraded downpipe, a tymar style intake, then get you a better chip from a vendor on this site (such as [email protected] Automotive, Swamps Diesel, Beans Diesel, or there are many others) and gutting the stock exhaust is up to you it reall isnt going to effect much except for make it sound a lil louder and maybe a tad bit more free flowing exhaust.... btw :welcome::welcome:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts