Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 Ford I'm wanting to sale or trade . Looking for a cc around the same model .mine is a 5 spd ,motor is strong no leaks for 340k, body is straight has a dent on the bottom of the bed on the rh side under the 4x4 and one on the front ds where someone hit me a work but its not bad .

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know some. Of yall hate these post with no pics but I'm on here by a cell phone so it won't let me upload pic so I have to email them. Or send em in a text .

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Idono yet I have been looking on to. C what they are going for I found one for 8k that I might buy or trade for if I sale mine if I don't o well just offer me a price

·
Powerstrokin'
847 Posts
Ya i got the pics... looks pretty clean. I know someone who is looking for a pickup so ill show it to em an let them see what they think.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok got a buyer for my truck so I was looking for a truck and found a 94 fourdoor 4x4 with the idi 7.3 turbo so I need advice are these motors any good with it being rebuilt ?

·
Registered
743 Posts
Get the di (aka Powerstroke) engine. The idi's are just dogs and they are all mechanical. You cant get a chip for them. All you can really do is turn the pump up, which doesnt give you much power, and you will spend 2x the money on it to get to the same amount power as you would from a Powerstroke engine. Just keep looking and be patient

·
Registered
59 Posts
The IDI truck would be a perfect 12V cummins truck though. Its really not that expencive to swap, and well worth the money in the long run if ur gonna get into modifying a diesel or looking for flat out reliability

·
Registered
105 Posts
I refer the idi myself. No injector harnesses to go bad, no cam positioning sensors to go bad. A new injector set is about $295, pop tested and balanced with the return line set o-rings and caps etc. You can advance the timing, and turn up the pump usually enough on them to burn it down if you like. If it has a turbo then you are good to go, the n/a trucks are a but slow, but I have a few in the fleet and they are reliable as hell without all the electronics. Simplicity at its finest.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea I bought it its not bad it has a few leaks on the valve covers but aint not hard to fix it been on fire before due to the cruise but its all been replaced but I'm expecting bugs from that but I'm gona get pic of it and post em in the idi post

1 - 13 of 13 Posts