Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the diameter of the factory crank pulley? The listings I've found on O'Reilly, Summit, etc having different numbers (7.5,7,6.5) despite not claiming to be under/overdrive parts. O'Reilly and Autozone only show "overall diameter" which is NOT the pulley surface. I verified this at least with Dorman 594-124 by emailing the manufacturer, who said "Unfortunately I do not have a drawing that calls out that spec. It is made to match the OEM part so it would be the same diameter as what the factory part is ."

So, does anyone actually know or can physically measure the diameter of the grooves?

·
don't play well w others
4,720 Posts
Tie a string around the system make sure to hold the tensioner halfway when you tie the string. Measure the length of the string, you have the measurement of the length of your belt. Make sure to order the correct amount of grooves in the pully. My gas engine is 6 groove.

When I used the smaller alternator pulley my belt size went from dayco 5060990 to dayco 50609970

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a good idea, Dusty. I'll have to try that when I'm home for Christmas.

Does anyone know it already, so I can order parts beforehand?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I can measure the pulley on my 97 this evening after work... Should be the same as your 96.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Checked my crankshaft pulley just now... looks like it is about about 6 5/8 inches in diameter (this is the outside edge of the belt to outside edge of the belt. So My guess is that it would match up to the 6.5 inch pulley you found.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts