Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Ol' Red
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 1996 7.3 I was sitting in my truck while it was idling in park and the rims kept rising to about 700 to 750 rims then dropping to 450 to 500 rpms. Also when I'm ddriving and I brake to a stop sometimes the rpms will drop also. Could this be fuel filter or what do you think?

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Could be a number of things. Dirty engine oil, when did you last change it? Also clean your fuel pressure regulator screen inside fuel filter canister drivers side 1/3 the way down us Q-tips dipped in diesel to clean screen inside hole. Use mirror and flashlight to ensure you get it clean. If you've not cleaned before can be a lot of black Keerap on it taking a 1/2 doz q-tips to clean. Change fuel filter. Is your truck auto or Manual?

As a suggestion you might want to fill out your truck signature letting us know what mods you've done on your truck this will help us help you....

Cheers,

jrc

·
Ol' Red
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also just changed my cps because I noticed this problem with idle and now it idles 10 times better but still drops when I'm braking and I hit 8 mph going to a complete stop?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts