Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 f250, I just put new injectors in it about 2 months ago and haven't had any problems, truck also has a ts chip with wildman tunes. At first it was a hear and there problem, but now its to the point I can not drive it. They truck is acting like you are turning the key off for a split second then turning it back on, like something is cutting all power then instantly turning it back on. It doesn't just do it once then stop it will do it for 10 seconds or so then stop for a little then come back. Lately it will shut the truck off, and when it shuts it off you cant start it right away from the run position, you have o turn it back to the off position then start it and it will fire right up, I replaced then cam shaft position sensor and cleaned the pig tail. Any hekp would be great!

368 Posts
Where did you buy the cps? Those things can be bad right out of the box. Only buy from ford or international. Mine did the same exact thing and the second cps I got fixed it

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got it from Tims auto, a bumper to bumper in my town, and I am going to get a ford one today. Thanks a lot guys!

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
When it hesitates and "catches" again, does the WTS light come on?

How does it run with the chip removed? Not just set to stock, but _removed_.

+1 CPS - Ford or International ONLY.

Lately it will shut the truck off, and when it shuts it off you cant start it right away from the run position, you have o turn it back to the off position then start it and it will fire right up
I think this is normal, or at least to be expected. Not sure exactly what gets set in the PCM, but some "flag" must be thrown once you're running, that makes this happen. And turning the key off and back on resets it. This has happened to me a coupla times when I accidentally clutch-stall it, and go to turn the key to START to recover. "Pucker factor" moment when you're in traffic and it doesn't fire, until you realize you have to turn the key back once. I wouldn't sweat this, and would just focus on the main stalling/hesistation issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts