Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard the 94-95 Powerstrokes can have the ECM flashed to make it OBDII compatible? Who can do this? Ford dealers or after market? Does anyone have any information on this?

Cory

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
None of the OBS 7.3's were OBD-II compliant.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
That's odd.......since my 97 has an obd 2 port.
They have the ports, but the PCM's are not OBD-II compliant.

I was confused by that as well when I got my AE scanner and couldn't get it to connect the truck. I called AE. They are the ones who told me the OBS 7.3's were not OBD-II compliant.

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
They have the ports, but the PCM's are not OBD-II compliant.

I was confused by that as well when I got my AE scanner and couldn't get it to connect the truck. I called AE. They are the ones who told me the OBS 7.3's were not OBD-II compliant.
I know of quite a few people that have used AE on obs trucks, along with scangauges and other scan tools that work with obd 2.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I know of quite a few people that have used AE on obs trucks, along with scangauges and other scan tools that work with obd 2.
Just going off what I was told by AE.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
right after I got my rig 6 or so yrs ago, I heard the same thing about non compliance with the 94.5-95 -- but my 94.5 has had AE hooked up a few times and runs a scan gauge since reflashed at a dealer.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will take it into the Ford dealer and see if I can get them to do a PCM update once. Thanks for the replies.

Cory

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
When they did mine, they charged me 1 hour shop time (back then it was about $75). Cheers!

·
One Stroke @ a Time
268 Posts
Every 97 is OBDII!

Reactions: Haztanker
1 - 13 of 13 Posts