Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I turn on the ignition, the wait to start light comes on an once it goes off the engine starts and then the check engine light comes on. Runs around 500 rpm as soon as the volt meter starts to move toward the normal range the engine shuts down. It will restart and stay running and the check engine light will go out after running for awhile. I have tried changing the glow plug controller relay today and no change.
I show no codes but not sure my reader works on power strokes.

Thanks,

1995 F350 C/C 4X4
Banks chip
IDM Mode
Intercooler
E4OD towmaster by John Wood

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
There are a hundred different codes that it could be and without knowing what the code is we would just be shooting in the dark.

The first thing that I would do would be to pull the Banks chip and see if the light goes away.

If your code reader is a generic type of reader then it won't read Fords codes and most of the auto parts stores can't read them either.

If you have a smart phone read up on torque pro for android and if you have a laptop look at a program called Forscan to read the codes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I downloaded Torque Pro and with the Bluetooth reader I'm able to hook up. Still shows no codes when I run the fault code program. Just before the 4th of July weekend I had an old CPS and changed it just to see if it would help. Worked perfect for about 250 miles (200 towing my 5th wheel), I go out yesterday and starts but the check engine light came back on and it shuts down when the check engine light goes off. I ordered a new motorcraft CPS and installed it today, no change. It will start and the check engine light comes on for about a minute then as soon as the light goes out the engine shuts down? I have pulled the chip out but no difference. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
When the light goes out and it dies, does your scanner disconnect? Like the PCM is loosing power?

Have you tried checking codes as it's running with the light on? Or it won't run long enough?

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts