Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 f350 and have been having break issues, when the truck is off the peddle is hard as a rock when i push it, but when i start it and the truck is running if i push the brake it will slowly fall to the floor i can pump the brake back up and its hard then falls back to the floor, I've bleed and rebleed all of the lines have no breaks in the lines and have replaced the booster with no luck, any help on this issue would be helpful the truck has 200k on it if that helps at all

·
7,981 Posts
could be a bad master cylinder, or a bad RABS valve if all the lines and wheel cylinders are good.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Seems to be a common problem with them. Have replaced my master cyl ,no better. Guess the next step will be the RASB valve. This problem is on my 93 dually

·
Registered
190 Posts
Mine does this as well, I’m thinking this was a known issue but I can’t find where I saw that at. I went through 3 master cylinders and bypassed my RABS and it never went away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
7,981 Posts
my solution was bypassing the RABS. the brakes have worked fine for 29 years now.

·
7,981 Posts
got a piece of brake line, removed the lines from the RABS valve, and put the new line in the valves place. then bled the rear brakes.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Many times when this issue comes up it is due to air in the system or the rear shoes are out of adjustment. Try bleeding the system and then checking the rear brake adjustment.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Symptoms are also found with an internal master cylinder leak, meaning the fluid is leaking around the seals that provide pressure when you push the pedal, but does not leave the master cylinder.

·
Project Shamu
2,401 Posts
Just fixed mine yesterday, unadjusted rear shoes. I just adjusted them last oil change (about 6000miles ago) I guess this will be added to the list along with an oil change.

Truck stops great now, actually kind of surprised me. Amazing that it was stopping with just fronts for so long.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts