Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem.... I have a 95 f350 7.3 turbo It starts some times and sometimes it don't. When it does start it dies as if you turned the switch off but will start back up. Here is the story I bought the truck it had been setting for a few years. I bought new batteries and a new starter and changed the oil before I tried starting it. It would spin over but not run. I put a new cps on it from ford. Still no start just spin over. I left it setting for a few days and got time to mess with it again I spun it a lot and it started up while setting idle it just shuts off I start it again about 45 seconds later it shuts off I do the many times it runs anywhere from 15 seconds to 5 minutes but it shuts off. I go out the next day it spins but doesn't start. The next day its again hard to start but it starts and runs for a bit and cuts off a few times. I check the fuel pressure with a tire gauge a little over 60psi. the fuel heater looks good. I buy another cps to see if I got a bad one same thing. I buy a icp replace it still the same thing. The oil sensor in the left head doesn't effect it if its plugged in or not. It is a stock pcm. I tried it on both tanks still does the same thing. Im at a total loss now thinking about junking the truck

·
PSN intsigator
6,092 Posts
I would check the IPR, do you have a way of pulling codes?

·
PSN intsigator
6,092 Posts
You need more than just a little scanner to read the power stroke codes. A cheapy obd2 scanner will not do it

·
PSN intsigator
6,092 Posts
Yes, if there are previous codes that only happen under certain conditions you can see what is stored in the controllers to help narrow the search down

1 - 6 of 6 Posts