Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Working on Replacing fuel pump, tanks, hoses and whatever breaks while I’m replacing all that.
I was getting ready to install the fuel bowl and noticed that the part that attaches on the rights side of the fuel bowl have a crack ( most likely because I over tighten the screws trying to hold the whole city down. Anyways
Does anyone know the part name or number of it. Fuel pressure regulator as well as the strengthener. It’s being hold by 2 10 mm screws one long and one short.
I do want to find exact replacement or a part nu
View attachment 201777

·
Registered
172 Posts
No explanation or pics?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Fuel Control Manifold part is fixed
Originally I parked the truck do to massive fuel leak out of no where.

Truck did sat for a while.

Pulled fuel bowl, pulled pump still couldn’t find anything. While rebuilding the fuel bowl I noticed that even though I replace my fuel filter, there is some form of **** appearing at the bottom of the fuel bowl. That’s when I pulled both fuel tanks and found return line broke at the quick connect. Both tanks had broken pick up screen things ( black shower head looking). I’m pretty sure sending units are fine but at the same time I haven’t started the engine yet. Anyways I continued on rebuilding my fuel bowl and overnighted the Fuel control Manifold and cracked.
Purchased used bowl with fuel control manifold from eBay for a $100 and restarted.
My massive fuel leak is in the fuel inlet of the passenger side cylinder head. I have small hands so with a 9/16 I believe but not sure I removed the Banjo line assembly and the sleeves was torn apart like too much pressure build up or something.

Truck have more mysteries that driving me nuts. I will post another one.

4CF3D1E5-BCA2-46AD-8515-85423096F86B.jpeg
E5E4AC4D-FA24-414F-B51B-5A9AE0B3C035.jpeg
31D9E552-1F40-445B-9D4C-BED7943C5065.jpeg
5E78B4A0-2A27-4F63-A847-6CCED112F56D.jpeg
D52414E6-F9D4-45C5-A8C1-E0E990189612.jpeg
95D6FE21-52D9-4065-8C40-A5BE0F9D4BE4.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Should've said screw it and gone efuel. Lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I’m not done yet...
e fuel does sounds tempting but at the same time , what would I gain from that? I know the leaking part, fuel pump as well as banjo bolt bs. Is that the because of steady fuel pressure? That’s just sounds like more problems. I mean every week I have a new noise I’m trying to figure out and we talking about feeding this thing steak 24/7.

E fuel came out in what 70’s ? I got a 95 . If it was beneficial or anything I’m sure ford would have done and replaced it but they didn’t .
Like I was saying E fuel does sound good but it’s just sounds good, doesn’t mean It will last or will not hurt the engine.

·
Registered
5,756 Posts
E Fuel is beneficial if you go to larger injectors and that is about it. By the time that you purchase all the parts or the kit to do it you can completely rebuild the fuel system for these trucks and be good for another 200,000-300,000 miles.

Just as a FYI, Ford did not design these motors but Navistar did. Ford had some minor changes made but not many. But they did go to Efuel starting in 99 for the 7.3 engine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I converted mine to efuel about 2 years ago for just over $250. It runs beautiful and has not had a single fuel issue. There is no need to spend a great deal of money on the conversion. The most expensive part is the regulator. Its also the most important. I used an Areomotive 13109 and set it for 60psi. The fuel pump, I got from Rockauto. Its an Airtex E2236. Basically a replacement pump for a 1999-2003 super duty 7.3. The fittings were all Summit and the needed hardliners are Autozone, Oriely steel fuel line. You'll need a section of 1/4 and a section of 5/16.
Its the best mod I made to my truck by far.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts