Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Here is a link to the Forscan Forums. The top section will tell you what you need to run on a laptop or a smart phone.

I actually have both but in the last year or so I just use my phone.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Ok so I’m waiting on a scanner but now something else is going on every time I open the passenger door the theft system goes off lights start flashing and the theft light blinks is there a fuel shut off on this like a gasoline truck

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Your fuel pump is mechanical so there would be no way to shut it off unless someone put a valve into the fuel system

Now that you mention that you have a alarm system in the truck that could be the whole problem with your no start.

Do you know if it was a factory one or aftermarket?

·
Registered
141 Posts
...every time I open the passenger door the theft system goes off lights start flashing and the theft light blinks...
Even if you use the factory remote to unlock the truck first? If it's factory THEFT, the horn should also honk repeatedly.
...is there a fuel shut off on this like a gasoline truck
Gas trucks with factory THEFT ('94-95 only) do not have a fuel shutoff. Study this & its caption:

(phone app link)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Your fuel pump is mechanical so there would be no way to shut it off unless someone put a valve into the fuel system

Now that you mention that you have a alarm system in the truck that could be the whole problem with your no start.

Do you know if it was a factory one or aftermarket?
Factory

·
Registered
134 Posts
What about a fuel bowl heater short guys? Can't remember what fuse that was tho. I second the BAFX Bluetooth dongle, I've been using it with a combination of torque pro and car gauge pro for the last 5 years or so on my 2001 with great results. Can't complain at $40 total investment. It's a little buggy, just don't use torque to read CEL codes with the truck running and don't run the KOER test on car gauge pro, it does something wierd with the IPR then Max's it out and the app hangs up. I have been looking at windows tablets lately, to install forscan and use a USB dongle if I get better functionality

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
TDtech1 thanks for the input I've already unplugged the fuel bowl heater and that is not the problem, there were no blown fuses

·
Registered
475 Posts
TDtech1 - I think you will like FORScan. Seems to work well. There are other members that are using it with the BAFX dongle as well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Even if you use the factory remote to unlock the truck first? If it's factory THEFT, the horn should also honk repeatedly.Gas trucks with factory THEFT ('94-95 only) do not have a fuel shutoff. Study this & its caption:

(phone app link)
It’s with the door being unlocked everyone I open it the theft light flashoalong with the blinkers and headlights the horn hadn’t worked since I’ve owned the truck

21 - 31 of 31 Posts