Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Pablo
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has seen or experienced the disaster I have with my parking brake on my 1995 F-350 PSD? The story....So I took my truck to a reputable Ford shop to have a brake job performed. After I picked it up and drove home I noticed that the parking brake, that worked previously, would barely hold the truck on flat ground. Returned it to the shop and they "adjusted the brakes and shortened a cable"...which I questioned them on... Parking brake barely better than before. They told me that the pedal ratchet system was toast and I needed a new one. Reluctantly (since it worked before) found an OEM pedal and had them install it for me. Parking brake still barely working but would at least hold flat ground, but not a hill like it did before the brake job. Got busy and tired of dealing with it so let it go for about 5,000 miles. After several months of putting up with this, and the parking brake worsening, I finally decided to pull the drums myself to have a look. I was shocked by what I found. See the pics attached. The parking brake levers were barely moving the shoes and were actually contacting the hubs and essentially grinding them down. After comparing to an exploded view of the rear brakes it seemed as though it was all put together correctly, but obviously NOT! Returned it to the shop. They are replacing all parts, but they still can't figure out what was causing this to happen. Any ideas? Don't want to go down this road again! Maybe we can enlighten them on the cause!!!

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts