Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking to put a dana 60 in my 1995 ford f250 i can buy a 1991 ford f350 for $700 will everything from the 91 work on my 95 and its a gas460 will that matter at all

·
Powerstrokin'
847 Posts
yes it should work, dana 60 is the same under a gas as it is under a diesel i believe. and dang thats a good deal!

·
I know nothing...
6,115 Posts
Do the swap then sell the carcuss for a grand and tell your buds you got paid $300 to do a D60 swap!

·
Just another OBS addict
1,006 Posts
yes everything will work. just make sure you have the leafs, trackbar and mount and the steering componants.
And calipers, rotors, and brake lines.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm about to do the d60 swap on my 95. I might as well be stealing it for the 250 I'm paying for it. The question I have is, should I bother taking the springs off the donor truck, it has a 351 in it, but my springs are sagged out and need replaced anyhow. Thoughts? BTW, this is my first post here.

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts

·
I know nothing...
6,115 Posts
While we're on the subject I've been wanting to ask but... Why is there a track bar on the leaf sprung live axle Fords when no one else did this? Does it have to do with putting the shackels in backwards? I'm ready to pull my donor 60 mand am considering leaving the track bar out.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Fords need a track bar due to the the side to side movement the springs allow. For some reason the chevy and dodges dont have this movement

·
I know nothing...
6,115 Posts
Fords need a track bar due to the the side to side movement the springs allow. For some reason the chevy and dodges dont have this movement
Thanks for the straight answer brad!

After thinking about the way the other steer it prolly has to do with the drag link.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Thanks for the straight answer brad!

After thinking about the way the other steer it prolly has to do with the drag link.
Yes, both Dodge and GM straight axle trucks steer front to back parallel with the springs, where as the ford steers side to side perpendicular to the springs, therefore the track bar parallels the steering to eliminate movement in flexing of springs/bushings etc... You could probably get by with out it for a while, but as heavy as this trucks and powerstrokes are on the front suspension, they def help out.

Justin

·
Registered
300 Posts
Calipers will NOT work
Why couldn't you unbolt the springs, steering and brakelines from the 350 and roll it under the 250 and bolt everythign back up....Will the brakelines not connect to the hardlines?

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Why reuse old worn out rubber hoses?? have you considered a RS kit and SD springs?

·
Registered
300 Posts
With that thinking he should be buying brake hoses no matter what then....because even the newest OBS is 13 years old...So why not buy ones for the calipers that are there? Just trying to save the guy some parts swappin. Obviously he can and will do what he wants as these are all just suggestions. Probably pick the best calipers out of the set and run em....But why run old used worn out parts? Just sayin..Where do you stop? I agree if the lines are showing wear or cracks then he should replace them, but why spend the $$ if you have perfectly serviceable parts on hand?

What I hate to see though is posts like Brads that tell you something won't work, but give no reason as to why. I was just curious as to why the calipers won't work and I assume it has to do with brake lines..The only reason I can see it not coming together is if the hard lines at the frame are different.I simply don't know?

Oh...and not picking on Brad- he has some very informative posts- just not so much on this one...Which is why I had the question...

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
The rubber lines work 250 or 350. I had intermitant caliper sticking & everyone blaimed my hoses. I spent about half a day swapping those, busting a banjo bolt, making a run to the parts store 2 towns over, coming back & then bleeding the brakes out. Only to discover that I accomplished nothing, I bought 2 new calipers & I was good to go. If the hoses are in good shape, use em.

·
look what i can do
1,833 Posts
okay let me be sure im clear on all this. im buyin a 93 350 so i need to swap the springs and use the 350 calipers to correct?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts