Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I have a 1995 f350 centurion 7.3 powerstroke. We had one hell of a nasty snow storm a couple of months ago. And this truck was in my shop. I fired it up let it warm up at the door of my shop. I knew it was low on fuel so I drove 4 blocks to the closest gas station. It died on me 30 feet from the pump. Pushed it over to the pump with a couple of guys help. Filled up both tanks. And I knew from experience when this truck is out of fuel its a pain to start again. So I went through all the purging steps to get it going and my batteries wound up dying. Tried jumping it so I could get it started and that didn't work. Towed it back to my shop and still can't get it to start. But.... it will start and run perfectly on a slight mist of ether. Here's what I've replaced. In order of which it was done.
Mechanical fuel pump. Broken pump stem
Hpop- output was 50 psi
Ipr- no voltage
Fuel bowl- Crack from cold
Oil pressure sensor- stopped working a while ago.
Water drain valve- plastic around orings was leaking
Oil change. And still I've got nothing.
It still starts and runs excellent on a mist of ether. Now the reason I replaced each of the parts is because they all tested bad. I've checked all of my connections. Everything is plugged in. I've got fuel in my bowl. And I'm getting good pressure. Why am I not getting fuel to my injectors? The injectors are oil operated. Oil is good now, and so is the pump and ipr. Yet I still lack adequate fuel to actually start on its own. My tac works. So it's not the cps. And it tries to fire up without ether but can't quite get there. Please help. Thanks.
-Matt-

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To add to my post, as soon as I stop misting ether. It dies. It will not run without ether at the moment.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts