Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I think these connectors will be Rostra brand, we'll see. I looked at replacement wires, same place, 4rcustoms or something, can't justify buying that many 5' rolls at this point. Doing a restoration or something it would be worth it, I may put some in stock later. Junkyard harnesses are not readily available here currently, and my box of wiring doesn't have what I want. ( I save nearly everything.) If I was going for restoration quality I would take the plugs apart and solder to the pins, I've rebuilt a couple injector harnesses that way, can't tell it was done.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Something I would be interested to know, does anyone know how long the E4OD was designed to run?

As in if it makes it to x amount of mileage it should be rebuilt. If there is such a spec.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Something I would be interested to know, does anyone know how long the E4OD was designed to run?

As in if it makes it to x amount of mileage it should be rebuilt. If there is such a spec.

Rebuild it when it quits . Service every 30-50k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Plugs finally came in. Repaired the harness, all nice and sealed up and snug. OCD kicked in, broke out the friction tape and went for that factory look. We'll see how it drives ......

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
You OCD? Say it ain't so. Looks nice Blue.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I prefer the kinder version: Perfectionist ;)

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I prefer the kinder version: Perfectionist ;)
I dunno, a perfectionist makes sure the sink is spotless.

OCD makes sure the sink is spotless, then takes the faucet apart because the C and H were facing the wrong way in the off position. Then has to clean the sink again. Then lays there awake all night because the little screen in the faucet fell apart and had to be left out.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Finally got to go for a test drive, time will tell, but it drives like a new truck, shifts great. It hasn't shifted this good since I was in high school.

So, new speakers, new radio, new mirrors, and hopefully Ma will be happy for the winter.

And a new temp switch for the dummy light....,.........

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.