Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says gentlmen: What would you say the "safe" tow limits weight wise would be on a set of 190cc injectors. I have a powermax with batomowheel or will have shortly and i'm trying to decide on injectors to match it. I never pull heavy, maybe 4k lbs or so every once in a while to the lake and maybe 8k lbs if a homeboys truck breaks down or something. Would 190's be safe for me. I also have a stock intercooler FWIW....

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I have 190's and a 65mm Vgt. I towed a 05 ccsb on my 4k lb trailer through the mountains the other weekend. I used a standard tow tune and if I was careful I could keep my egts under 1200* going 70-80 on interstate.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Yes warrens. I'm running a 50% nozzle because I already had them at the time. Will be switching to 75 or 100% soon though.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
you'll be fine with the 190's. Just have a good tow tune written and you'll be good to go.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I tow 10-12K with my 190s. I've got 75 over nozzles. With your weight, I wouldn't be too concerned. A good tow tune is mandatory as well as gauges.

·
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods
1,549 Posts
What kind of horse power are you guys either seeing or think your tow tunes are running at with these sticks??

·
1,549 Posts
I its not like we all care about how powerful our "not our highest power tune" is enough to go spend the money on dynoing it. Was just curious.

·
Registered
463 Posts
At Fall Brawl, I put down 483HP and 876TQ. Not too shabby for 75 over nozzles and a tow tune.

·
1,549 Posts
Nice, how much do you "tow" with that tune?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Almost always I'm right around 10K, but on longer trips the trailer weighs in at 11.5K.

·
1,549 Posts
Yea that's awesome.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Almost always I'm right around 10K, but on longer trips the trailer weighs in at 11.5K.
Is that tow tune from TSD? What does he call it?

·
Registered
922 Posts
those are with 190's? what are your egts like?

·
Registered
463 Posts
It's a "hybrid" panty dropper tune and yes, these are 190s but remember, I have 75 over nozzles. The only time I'll see high EGTs (1200* and above) is if I'm lugging the engine on a climb. I've never, ever gone over 1200*. Once I get that warm I simply unlock the converter.

·
Registered
922 Posts
what size turbo are you runnin cuz even with a stock tune you should get over 1200. also where is egt probe mounted?

·
Registered
463 Posts
The point is...I don't allow it to go over 1200*. I know it can, I'm just a ##### when it comes to pushin' the truck like that. It's a PowerMax and the probe is in the manifold.

·
1,549 Posts
Sounds good to me. I might go back to chris and get a hybrid/tow super panty dropper tune (man that is a mouth full to say) especially once I get my injectors. I'm a real putts too when it comes to driving my truck. I only push it to a limit that I am comfortable with.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts