Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one done this yet? i got a good aluminum one for $100 in perfect shape. fills at one end with a locking lid. i would like to see your mounts and how you tapped in

·
I be strokin'
243 Posts
I have a buddy that has an IDI and he used to hual cross country with it. He hauled tractors and whatever anyone needed. Any how, he took his bed off and made a flat bed by simply covering up the frame with polished aluminum and he took a big rig tank and the mounts that were used on the big rig and mounted it right behind the cab and to the frame. Both factory tanks were removed. I will try to pry some of his pics away from him and post them. He saved all factory parts and put it back to stock now.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
anyone else?

·
Registered
871 Posts
I had an aluminum square tank taken of a Sterling Acterra for a year. Perfect width between the rails.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
u have a pic? how did u mount it?

·
Registered
213 Posts
I used a 50 gallon tank from underneath a refer trailer. It originally hung from the bands but I turned the bands over so it would sit upright. The filler was at the top. The draw and the return were from what used to be the front tank. This was mounted on the flatbed. The original 19 gallon rear tanki was maintained so the overall capacity was 69 gallons. Now I have a 68 gallon front tank and a 33 gallon rear Bronco tank for a total of 101 gallons.

Foxman

·
so many trees
281 Posts
theres a guy around here who does hotshot hauling who has something like that. not off a rig but same style

·
I be strokin'
243 Posts
This one was off a volvo rig. He took his bed off and made it look kinda like a big rig with the tank right behind the bed. The mounting brackets that were used on the rig fit right over the frame and the tank sat there perfect.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts