Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah the title says it all, it scared the crap out of me today, I did a WOT run with NO water injection, stock turbo and stock injectors. I ran it in my DP Tuner 120hp setting. Needless to say it was only at this temp for less then like half a sec before I let off the throttle but it really scared me that it got that high. What do you guys think could be causing this? So far I've never heard of a DP tune getting the EGT that high before, but I don't know.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I can get to 1400 pretty quickly in 60T if I stay in it for a bit (90-100mph) In the 120 tune I can see that if you are on it for a while. Mine doesn't climb as quickly since I installed the Adrenaline pump. But I'm in an extreem climate here in Az. How much boost? Leaks? I would give Jody a call but it could be a lot of things.

·
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"
2,054 Posts
I'm guessing boost leak.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
me too

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Must have a leak. That's high in a short time. How much boost?

·
Need a ride.
553 Posts
But I also know Jody can peak your or anybodys tuning at 1200* for optimum toying without overdiong it, in a nut shell he can calibrate your fuel-air and timetables to reach your desired EGT levels and re tune them not to exceed a higher degree mark. Give Jody a shout and see wht he has to say

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I can get my EGTs up there to in my 120.

I have to let off my pedal ,I can easily hit 1300+ .I have no boost leak .

Could it be DP tunes ? I would have to call Jody and ask him

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Yes its the tunes if there is nothing else wrong.;) 1300 is fine if its at race tune on a stock truck unloaded.

To the OP you are fine as you were not there but momentarily.
You should check for a boost leak. Go to HD and make one. Check your up pipes and all boots.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah I definitely need to do something, I don't have a boost leak detector but I should probably make one or buy one. About how big of a boost leak do you guys think it might be in order for the EGTs to get that high? Right now in my 120hp tune the max boost I'll get is about 24psi. I've also checked as much as my up pipes that I can see and haven't seen any black soot or anything yet.

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Yeah I definitely need to do something, I don't have a boost leak detector but I should probably make one or buy one. About how big of a boost leak do you guys think it might be in order for the EGTs to get that high? Right now in my 120hp tune the max boost I'll get is about 24psi. I've also checked as much as my up pipes that I can see and haven't seen any black soot or anything yet.
I would double check for boost leaks. When the boost is lower than normal and the EGT'S are highrer than normal, there's an issue with leaks somewhere.

Running a few seconds at that temp I would not worry. Unless you do it all the time.;) It's the sustained prolonged high EGT's that causes the worst damage.

Diane

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
i always get a cel if i get the egts up there, could this be because of a boost code or something? someone school us

There's an MAP sensor(boost) and a EBPS(Exhaust back pressure), but the only thing you have to measure EGT's is an aftermarket gauge.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts