Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I know I've been asking alot about 6.0's. Due to the fact that this will be my last truck purchase for a while (house next) and I am looking for a real good runner. I have found quite a few nice ones but this one really caught my eye. Its an 06 but has 161k on it, it is IMMACULATE, like showroom condition. The pics of the underside look brand new, (frame, driveshaft, exhaust, t-case...). Its a texas truck. A very friendly member of here ran the oasis for me and there were only 3 things done to the truck, a tire recall, front damper and rear driveshaft due to vibrations. I know its got higher mileage and all but it sure is tempting. Who thinks its worth a shot? Also any aftermarket warranty companies that would cover me? thanks fellas, I owe everyone a beer :D

Nick

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
id go for it, dont drive it like a race car, drive it like a tow rig and you wont have any problems, mine has 200k on it and i drive it 45 miles everyday to and from work and shes never let me down, but it never crosses 3000 rpms unless its got a trailer tied to it, i only get after it every now n then just to make a lil noise n feel the acceleration

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^Very much appreciated, I like the first hand experience. I am not looking to hot rod it either, I will be using it daily and also to tow a trailer throughout the summer. I had my speed kick with my duramax, now I am looking for more of a truck, truck. Thanks again!

Nick

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
i would recommend getting a tune or 2 from matt at gearhead, his tow tune is great, not a bunch of power but firms the trans up and makes it shift and pull awesome!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds great. You think with that kind of mileage I would be gambling with the head gaskets?

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
im running his street race lite tune on an all factory motor, its never been touched, ive been told mines the exception but u said u dont wana go fast, his tow tune only adds like 75 hp i believe, its not a hott tune but it sure makes pullin a trailer a joy, i would do a ccv reroute intake, exhaust and drive it

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome, thanks for the help with this, I know I said it before but I like speaking to people with "real life" experiences. In this case a higher mile 6.0. Hows the MPG on yours with the tow tune?

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
i dont even tow with my tow tune so idk, i used it one time and ive just been leaving it tuned with srl, but havent had a big load on in quite some time, if i get a big load ill load my tow tune, with my srl tune im gettin 18, planning on doing php's remote tuning on my ficm so hopefully it will help it out a lil more

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Man thats pretty impressive! I baby my duramax towing and never get better than 12 while towing. Unloaded my best was 23 hand calc with stock pizza cutters. Although I would never buy a truck for fuel mileage. I use em to work lol.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
i get about 10-12 loaded but i drive it pretty hard loaded though, lots of hills and i dont back out of it any maybe give it a lil more so im not loosin speed

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice nice, so it seems about the same I guess. No biggie haha. I hope I can get the money moved around fast enough to scoop this one up. If not I guess I'll keep looking for a 7.3.

Nick

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Most certainly will. Hopefully it goes smoothly, maybe this week. I'll pm you the link to the ad, tell me what you think.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^ what he said, there is a "make offer" option also which I did, just waiting to hear back. Shes clean as a whistle

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Still waiting on the pics of the undercarriage. Turns out I did not click "submit" either for my offer haha. Hopefully I'll get some pics tonight and go from there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts