Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i just picked up a used 17* hpop for my early 99 truck. i was wanting to know what all consists of switching pumps. What gaskets do i need to buy? And does any 1 have a detailed write up on how to switch these pumps. Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
It's a bolt on. I'm getting ready to do the same. I've heard that the gasket from pump to drive should be replaced and also the fittings from the 15 need to go into the 17 so the lines fit. I don't know this for certain but have heard that. I have a local shop going to do my r&r for a reasonable price so I'll let then do it.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Ok so i just picked up a used 17* hpop for my early 99 truck. i was wanting to know what all consists of switching pumps. What gaskets do i need to buy? And does any 1 have a detailed write up on how to switch these pumps. Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!!!!!!!!

Did you edit your post from what you first wrote? I thought there was a question about late model turbo in there as well? Did you find that answer or more likely I am going nuts!?!:D

·
Registered
700 Posts
Did you edit your post from what you first wrote? I thought there was a question about late model turbo in there as well? Did you find that answer or more likely I am going nuts!?!:D
Lol sorry for the derail but your not going nuts that was my thread looks like i should have done a little more investigating.:doh:

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
No worries.:D:D:D I was just about to post on that other part and then reread your post and was like ?????? Just in case as I already had this written up: the answer is no. The best if you do not plan to go up in power beyond it would be D66 from Beans. It will for the most part match the GT38R in HP and perf. Its a direct bolt in. After that you will need a kit plus turbo which is a jump in $$ and work to install.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
easy as pie. just follow writeup.
or check chilton book at local library.
need some rtv and just a few sockets.
i'd recommend a long small hose or pump to drain the res.
be careful around fuel bowl gaskets and orings, and ebpv tube..all are old and weaker.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
edited. nevermind

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can i run this 17* hpop with stock tuning for now cuz its my only truck. and iam waiting on my tune from TW but i wanted to go ahead and change the pump now while i have the free time.

·
Proudly Serving The USA
104 Posts
As soon as I find a good used 17⁰ HPOP, it's going in my truck. My 15⁰ at its worst is 2450psi at 65% DC.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
As soon as I find a good used 17⁰ HPOP, it's going in my truck. My 15⁰ at its worst is 2450psi at 65% DC.
Alt 1703 = º

1 - 17 of 17 Posts