Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just askin some of ya with more expirience. I have a 96 CC LB 4X4 PSD Auto with 4.10s. Comes in at about 7400 lbs with me and fuel. I'm runnin 160cc sticks from Bean, as well as one of his D66s. Tymar intake 3.5"DP and 4" back from there with no cat. FWIW, the EBPV is gutted. Tuning is from Jody(DP)with a 120 horse bein the big step. I know I need to do sumpthin bout oil and fuel, cause tey are both headed south real bad by the top end, but once the injectors are gettin all the fuel they need, I'm plannin on sprayin it to the tune of 100-150 hp. Right now the truck runs 15.4s @ 2500'. I'd like to be able to run in the 13s at a track at sealevel. Am I dreamin, or is it a doable thing. If that aint gonna git-er -dun, whats it gonna take??

******* Rod

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
I'd say you need at least 425-450 RWHP.

How you get there is up to you. I'd rather do fuel only. Some hybrids, fuel system, lots of air, and good tuning can put you deep into the 13's from what I've seen.

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
i ran high 13's/ low 14's with 425 rwhp. Seeing that he has a longbed its gonna take a bit more hp. I would suggest an h2e, hybrid injectors, electric fuel system and headstuds. That should put you 450-475 range

·
Drink til she's cute
4,873 Posts
Or in my case a 13 sec run is easy...just have a 3.4 sec 60' time.

·
Drink til she's cute
4,873 Posts
We suck Mikey!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks fer the replies there guys. Seems like I aint gonna git there with the stage one squirters, and I aint likely to swap em out with less than 10,000 miles on em. How big a nitrous hit is considered safe on a real low mile, forged rod motor before I lift the heads, or have other problems? I know it wont use all that much with the fuel I'm gonna flow, but it would be nice to have a guideline as far as jet sizes/horsepower increase that is safe.

Rod

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thats the other part of it, the D66 aint got but 2,000 miles on it, if that. More air aint likley unless it comes outa bottle. I got most of the makins fer a good dual stage kit left over from my Mustang days.Thats why the leanin towards the can...plus I love the stuff.

Rod

·
Grumpy Old Bitter Bastard
6,470 Posts
yeah i got you beat...3.6 and a 10.5 1/8th....keep trying..lol
So my 9000# - 6 wheels and 4.10's - 2.3's - beat ya to the 60' and then, after that, I'm dead in the water - Classic "the tortoise and hare" story. I just keep on chugging along. Oh well!!

·
Registered
319 Posts
You can spray all the N²O at it you want and it aint going to go faster if you don't have fuel to burn. And I'd be careful with a very big hit with that turbo. You're likely to pop it from the instant increase in exhaust flow. I think Luke's got you a pretty good receipe. I was running low 14s high 13s with just a hair over 400hp and a 7K # truck. I have a best of 13.544 but I never got any dyno numbers at the same trim level to see exactly what it made hp wise.

·
all ur OBS r belong to me
1,591 Posts
Don't forget the trans... just a shift kit and torque converter took me from a sparatic 15.20-15.40 to a consistant 14.80. That was on stage ones from beans with a stock turbo and 3.55's w/ 33's. There are faster times to be had with your current setup, you just need to find out where you're losing out.

I would beef up the trans, do an electric fuel system and a SD HPOP. You already have the turbo, so have Mr. Bean stick you some bigger nozzles on there and see where it puts you. It may not break 13's, but it will get you close and the perma-grin will be good for an extra 1/10th.:D

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just askin some of ya with more expirience. I have a 96 CC LB 4X4 PSD Auto with 4.10s. Comes in at about 7400 lbs with me and fuel. I'm runnin 160cc sticks from Bean, as well as one of his D66s. Tymar intake 3.5"DP and 4" back from there with no cat. FWIW, the EBPV is gutted. Tuning is from Jody(DP)with a 120 horse bein the big step. I know I need to do sumpthin bout oil and fuel, cause tey are both headed south real bad by the top end, but once the injectors are gettin all the fuel they need, I'm plannin on sprayin it to the tune of 100-150 hp. Right now the truck runs 15.4s @ 2500'. I'd like to be able to run in the 13s at a track at sealevel. Am I dreamin, or is it a doable thing. If that aint gonna git-er -dun, whats it gonna take??

******* Rod
All you need is the DP tunes and a 400 shot of nitrous bada boom bada bing you're there :) oops forgot the new block and new pistons and rods.

·
Registered
319 Posts
All you need is the DP tunes and a 400 shot of nitrous bada boom bada bing you're there :) oops forgot the new block and new pistons and rods.
Actually you probably don't need to worry about the block or any internals because without some added fuel all the N²O in the world isn't going to give you much more power. Probably stall the engine from lowing cylender temps to much with that much. :cool:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts