Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
clv1144
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my truck to the track wednesday night. Not bad I guess, but it hardly smoked at all. I ran Tadds insanity tune. I think I need more fuel. Do I need bigger injectors or can the tune be tweaked a little bit? I ask cause I think I can run mid 13's with the right fuel.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Thats what I ran w/ Casserly 190's and a BDP modded stock turbo....65mm vgt. My 60ft was a 2.2 though. Its really hard to get the coil spring frontends to leave hard w/o wheel hop, unless you have some type of limiter/strap or traction device.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
The sad part is I ran a 13.99 w/ stock stuff and a hot tune.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Tadd can add fuel for you. I have a tune from Eric that fuels to the edge of what is safe and it spools alot better off the line(lots of smoke).

·
Registered
127 Posts
I got my 60 ft times back to 1.8 and still only run a 13.8 but my truck is lifted with 35's on it.

·
NHRDA Diesel TV Host
3,037 Posts
I can't break 14.2 with Tadd's tune...but I'm on 35's and am a horrible driver... :doh:

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I got my 60 ft times back to 1.8 and still only run a 13.8 but my truck is lifted with 35's on it.
so is mine......I just can't seem to leave boosted or it wheel hops like crazy and I have to back out. If mine would hook I would be 13.40s but now I have a different turbo and stix too so maybe get so low 13's if I can hook it.

·
Registered
277 Posts
so is mine......I just can't seem to leave boosted or it wheel hops like crazy and I have to back out. If mine would hook I would be 13.40s but now I have a different turbo and stix too so maybe get so low 13's if I can hook it.
thats how mine was, hopped like crazy. i strap the front end, and have traction bars, and i cut 1.75 60's on 35's.

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
Thats what I ran w/ Casserly 190's and a BDP modded stock turbo....65mm vgt. My 60ft was a 2.2 though. Its really hard to get the coil spring frontends to leave hard w/o wheel hop, unless you have some type of limiter/strap or traction device.
The sad part is I ran a 13.99 w/ stock stuff and a hot tune.
Dang, I was gettin' ready to ask about that. I was running 13.3-13.4 on tuner, intake, and exhaust. Are the '05 and ups heavier? I know mine's a little lite but only by about 500-600lbs.

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
That's what I was gonna say... I ran a 13.55 in an Ext. Cab SB stock with a small shot of nitrous my first ever time on a dragstrip... Now if I could only get MY truck that fast....
:doh:

·
clv1144
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My truck is set up for sled pulling. It weighs right at 7800 lbs. Its lifted 4 inches and I have never had any problems with the front end hoping. Its got cooper discover sst, so its not exactly set up for drag racing. Ive got the video Ill post it. Please tell me more. I really think there is more in the truck.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
Seem like some pretty good numbers to me.

My truck has always seemed slower than others, I still need a weight though. But I never had wheelhop issues with my coilspring front end whether it was 5psi or 20psi. Felt the rear end spinning/sliding and the front end pulling through but never hopping. Cut a few 1.9xx 60 foots, not super fast but not bad. Nitto terra grappler tires with like 45 or 50psi or pressure in them (never changed it from the street)

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Dang, I was gettin' ready to ask about that. I was running 13.3-13.4 on tuner, intake, and exhaust. Are the '05 and ups heavier? I know mine's a little lite but only by about 500-600lbs.
Danny I wieghed mine a couple years ago when I was up by Dockboy and we went to the track........I THINK it was right at 8000lbs, now I have toolbox full of stuff and ALOT of stereo equipment ,lifted and such. I just need to strap the front I guess because if I leave more than 10psi it wheel hops so bad I have to lift and then that kills the whole run.

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
Ah, well that's about 1000lbs more than me then. Mine is 6900lbs race prep weight with me and half a tank of fuel.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Danny I wieghed mine a couple years ago when I was up by Dockboy and we went to the track........I THINK it was right at 8000lbs, now I have toolbox full of stuff and ALOT of stereo equipment ,lifted and such. I just need to strap the front I guess because if I leave more than 10psi it wheel hops so bad I have to lift and then that kills the whole run.
Buy/build a set of ladder bars, and it won't wheel hop at all.

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
The problem on the 05 and up trucks isn't the rear suspension... it's the front.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Buy/build a set of ladder bars, and it won't wheel hop at all.
I guess I am lost on this post. Ladder bars would be more for the rear. The front end is the issue and I think some way of strapping it down will work basically compressing the coil spring down some to load it up should stop it, I just don't goto the track that much anymore so I kinda think it is a waste of time and money for me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts