Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Ive calculated my mpgs multiple times and I'm getting 12.3 mpg. This is a combo of city and some highway miles. I'm kindof disappointed because of the whole put a chip in and get better mpgs saying isn't proving true for me here. The mods are in my signature and I run erics extreme street tune. Should I run a different tune? Is the extreme street tune less efficient then others ?
This is all normal driving too. Not speeding around town driving.

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
Take the brick off your right foot.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's one thing I forgot to mention. I'm not driving it hard.

·
Registered
302 Posts
You should try the race file..Some people seem to get mileage increase with it..Just got to watch your foot too..

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea that's what innovative told me. But those shifts are so rough and it makes my tourqe converter act weird .Do you think an economy tune will do better than extreme street?

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
Yea that's what innovative told me. But those shifts are so rough and it makes my tourqe converter act weird .Do you think an economy tune will do better than extreme street?
NO:ford:

·
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"
2,054 Posts
Well with my mods I am seeing 15-16mpg and I was hoping for more. I run matts srl+ tune and I use to run erics extreme street and seen the same results. Thats with mixed highway and street. If I beat on the truck then it only seems to drop 1-2 mpg on that tank. So I would say yours seems kinda low. I know a failing ficm caused my buddies 04 to drop down to 10-11 mpg and we finally changed it after 6 months and his milage shot up to the same as mine.

·
Dont know what I want
507 Posts
I had an 04 ccsb 2x4 auto 6.0 and got 17-18 in town thats stop n go and not driving over 55 and hardly ever going over 2k rpm.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Yeah seems a little low might want to check into it. I got 12.01 hand calculated last night in my 6.0 with 37's towing a 28foot car hauler with a subaru sedan in it. Average 16 or so not hauling.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah seems a little low might want to check into it. I got 12.01 hand calculated last night in my 6.0 with 37's towing a 28foot car hauler with a subaru sedan in it. Average 16 or so not hauling.
i think like someone said it might be a failing ficm .. i got on it pretty hard yesterday and the truck fluttered a little bit so ill probably check into that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts