Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Motorsports Performance
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well got my sisters boyfriends truck at the house waiting on wheels and tires want to run a 12 wide rim and he wants the bfg km2 which only comes in a 37x12.5x20 but if it steps up to a 38 it goes to a 14.5 wide. will that look ok with 12 inch rim n 12.5 tire. Truck is a 2003 with 6 inch super lift. Does any body have any pics and feel free to comment

·
Registered
324 Posts
IMO the 38ms would look better. But they're going to rub quite a bit. Especially the 14.5 wide. That is unless he trims his fenders and throws on the biggest set of buschwackers.

·
Motorsports Performance
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right but I think we plan on running the Pocket style flares guess maybe he will have to step down to a 9 inch wide rim

·
Registered
324 Posts
I think the 12" wheel will still look good. It'll be a little streched.

·
<--BAGHDAD
508 Posts
imo 6" lift and under, i would go 37" more like 35"s tire or less. 8" + lift 38"+ tires and so on. i think a 6" with 35's look better. i had 35x14.50x15's on my 79 and it only had a 4" lift and it looked good. it sat just as tall as my buddy's z-71 with a 6" lift and 35's.

·
<--BAGHDAD
508 Posts
the km2 also have them in in 325/60R20 which will work with the 12" rims and are 35 1/2" tall tires.

·
Motorsports Performance
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We I have a 37 under my truck n think it looks sick IMO I think 35s are to small for 6 inch

·
<--BAGHDAD
508 Posts
i think it depends on the truck though too. i think 37" to me is the cut off on height to 6" lift. 38"+ needs 8"+ lift i think. has he thought about a different brand or style tire or possibly different rim to get the height and width you want

·
Motorsports Performance
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I've told him bout other tires but he wanted km2s but I'm gonna try again and I wanted to do a moto metal 962 because there new and haven't seen anyone with them and wanted a somewhat deep offset

·
Registered
668 Posts
I'm runnin 20x12 rims with 35x12.50 hankook A/T's on a 6 inch fabtech lift. I couldn't be happier the fit is perfect! with 37's I rubbed pretty bad with the wide rim.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Definitely go with the 37, maybe even a 35. The smaller tires look good with more lift if you have wide rims.

The tire won't really look stretched, but the sidewalls won't be pulled in. Here's a bigger pic of my avatar which is 18x12 on 33x12.50

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
run the 37's he'll be much happier and it won't rub Chris, the look will be killer too.

Chad

·
Motorsports Performance
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Right I'm running the 24x12 with the 37x13.5 n no rubbing but the only m/t in a 37x13.5 is a toyo what do you think chad should I get the bfg km2s like he wants or try n talk him out of it n run a toyo?

·
<--BAGHDAD
508 Posts
i think toyo's look better imo. also, i dont know about the km2's, but i know of 5 guys that ran bfg at's and they blew out the back tires and took their rear bed side with it. when i get tires, i look at the load range options too. i go with a range E, and if it is a D range then i look into the max load range and road wear rating.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Chris, definitely run the toyo, the bfg's are good but the toyos are.definitely the best IMO. Im running them now again for my 4th set.

Chad

1 - 15 of 15 Posts