Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Crazy Talk
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one make a box for a 12 that fits behind a sd cc back seat?

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
What year is the crew cab your wanting to put a box in 99-03? 04-07? 08+?

Does it have a power sliding rear window?

If it is a 99-03 are you willing to flip the seat brackets to gain more room? (Not 100% necessary for most 12s)

I believe http://www.supercrewsound.com has some boxes that will work (specially for the 04-07 trucks) also ProBox Custom UTV Tops and Vehicle-Specific Subwoofers and Enclosures might have some.

For the 99-03 just about any generic truck box should fit, just make sure to confirm your top and bottom depths before purchasing.

For the 08+ trucks and trucks with powersliding rear windows I suggest taking a look at the boxes at SPL2K (he is a SD owner and world known spl compeitor)

·
Crazy Talk
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a 99 sorry. how much will it change the seat position to flip the brackets? and which brakets exactly?

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
I truely wiish I could tell ya. I have never done it or been able to inspect the seat in the 99-03 crew cabs but have read of tons of guys doing it in their trucks.

I believe it shifts the seat about 2" forward.

However you might not Need to do this, just will have to pay attention to the size of the box and how deep (top mount deapth) the sub is.

Also most audio shops or even Best Buy, Circuit City, ect will have truck boxes. Generally they are in the ball park of 6-8" deep at the bottom and 3-5" deep at the top, and around 17 +/- in height.

I know there are plenty of guys on here who have subs in their 7.3 crew cab trucks, hopefully they can chime in for ya.

·
NRA4ever
172 Posts
I have a 2/10s box from Supercrew Sound. It would be hard to fit a 12 box in a 04 crew. I plan to build a down firing box to fit under the rear seat. & move the amps behind the seats.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts