Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new scangaauge 11 scanner and im monitoring the engine oil temp and engine coolant temp. There is up to a 11 degree delta between the two is this normal or is my oil cooler on its way out? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
86 Posts
In hot days with the A/C running I usually get a 10 degrees difference in the city traffic, but I have the Bulletproof oil cooler, I wonder if the 10 degrees difference is normal too. Based on what I read before I think is normal and 15 degrees difference is the normal limit, but if someone with more experience wants to clarify that please do it.

·
"Slap hands slap hands"
1,487 Posts
Up to 10 is normal is more important at what the temps are running at making sure they aren't low in the 170s thermostat amongst other things or too high is when you have to start worrying about clogged oiler coolers and such with the degrees varying in or above the 15 degree range is what I have read and understand.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No I haven't flushed out the cooling system yet thats my next step on the highway flat road im getting engine oil temp of 230 and coolant temp of 200 so its a 30 degree difference .but not all the time that bad just in heat of day im changing oil and filter and going from there.can I still drive the truck? Im going to get a bulletproof diesel air to oil cooler in a few weeks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts