Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Filled up today and hand calculated my mileage to be 11.4, little less from last weeks 12. Anybody have any ideas on how I have such bad MPG?

·
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz
2,411 Posts
Dont really have a heavy foot, change fuel filter every 5,000. Is their a way to check the HPOP?
Yes if you have a scan tool. And does the CEL come on if you get on throttle for a while? And how many miles are on your truck?

Check for boost leaks also.

·
Livin in the flatlands.
525 Posts
HPOP and fuel filter don't have jack to do with it. Your 4x4, automatic, and CC are killing you.
Yeah, but it still shouldn't be that bad. I averaged 11 pulling a 12k gooseneck trailer down to KS and back. I'm getting around 15-16 commuting to work, and have a CC auto 4x4.

·
Registered
602 Posts
My crew cab, 4x4, dually gets 14.5 stock hand calculated and 17 with the chip on. Id say somethings wrong somewhere. I'd start with boost leaks

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes if you have a scan tool. And does the CEL come on if you get on throttle for a while? And how many miles are on your truck?

Check for boost leaks also.
The CEL comes on when I really put my foot into it, but thats because i dont have a boost fooler. The truck has 160,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
get your codes checked... you have issues...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts