Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i was at indy 4x4 jamboree last year i hears several 7.3 that sounded like they had a cam or idled really low i was told it was 10k mod i want this sound is there any power gain with this and how do you do it

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
Ignore it, if you want the "Cam" sound get a DP Tuner with the Lope Idel setting! :D

·
all ur OBS r belong to me
1,591 Posts
The 10k mod is kinda like a poor man's chip. It hails back to the days when HEUI was considered voo doo and western diesel had the hottest chip out there lol.

Unless your flat broke strapped for cash, get a chip. If you are flat broke stapped for cash then search for it on TDS, theres a bazillion write ups on how to do it.

·
Who is Obama?
1,779 Posts
Ignore it, if you want the "Cam" sound get a DP Tuner with the Lope Idel setting! :D
my lope idle only works for a few seconds and then it switches to high idle :shrug:

·
Registered
393 Posts
why spend the $$ on a chip when you can make it lope for 99cents? unless your wanting more power go with the chip. just for lope do the mod. its good at getting heads turning at truck shows but not much else. makes the throttle too damn touchy

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
or you could just put a cam in your truck and when you switch from high to low fuel settings it lopes really good like my truck ha:D

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
when i was at indy 4x4 jamboree last year i hears several 7.3 that sounded like they had a cam or idled really low i was told it was 10k mod i want this sound is there any power gain with this and how do you do it

10k mod fools the computer into dumping a bit more fuel.
The 10k mod is BY FAR -cheapest of all mods you will feel power gains with.

you can read more on it here. (like how to do it)
http://www.forgotton.net/mods/indexframe.html

the only complaints seem to be rough idling , and having to do with trying to cram wires into the ICP connector. (after replacing the pigtail) have the correct wires stripped back a little and soldered wires to my 10k switch there. When you get a chip, unsolder and liquid tape the bare spots. I guess those little wire splice thingys wouuld work fine also.

EGT's w/this (and the other mods) are only an issue on an extended grade at WOT

as a diy 10k they can also use different banks on a switch like one with 10k stock and 15k or adjustable resistors like I think the ebay link below do...there are diff versions but same theory..

you can do the lazy approach and buy something like this
eBay Motors: 94-03 Ford F250, F350 Powerstroke, programmer, chip,mod (item 280139503520 end time Feb-27-08 09:20:14 PST)
or
same guy different setup.

·
Banned
7,764 Posts
If you like for your truck to sound like a pos, then just unplug the passenger's side UVC harness.

Guaranteed "Lope" idle. Plus the performance matches the mindset nicely.

Cost........ $ 0.00

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Charles,

If I unplug my passenger side UVCH, my lope goes away (truck dies)

Do I have a problem?

Not really, but I see what you mean.

·
Banned
7,764 Posts
You need bigger injectors :pointlaugh:

Mine will drive around fine on 4 :D

And has that "nice" idle you guys are after.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts