Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just realized that I missed a milestone last July. 10 years of owning the 96 CCSB. And it just keeps getting better as we go, no where near to being done with it. Of course I worked the same place 35 years and been with the same woman for 30 so I dont change things too fast! I'll try to make time to post the 10 year evolution and the plans for the future!

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Congrats on owning the truck 10 years. In this day and age with people getting a new(or used) truck every couple of years, that is an accomplishment(I am guilty myself)

But one truck I have had for 19 years and another for 13(man I feel oldLOL)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep I'm pretty bad at hanging on to things:
I have both of the motorcycles I rode when I was 13-16 or so.
I have my Mom's 66 Ford LTD she drove about 20 years.
My Dad's 72 chevy 4x4 he got new, my Dad's 61 chevy 1/2 ton, my Grandfather's 62 chevy 1/2 ton he bought to be sure he had a reliable vehicle to come see me when I was born, and even the wife I got back aroung 82 or so!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heck, I forgot the 86 F250 6.9 diesel that I got in 1992 and just gave to my son. It has 500,000 on the truck and about 1,200 on the engine. Wrangled that away from my employer when they sold out...
Got just about every gun my grandpa and my dad ever had as well!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats on owning the truck 10 years. In this day and age with people getting a new(or used) truck every couple of years, that is an accomplishment(I am guilty myself)

But one truck I have had for 19 years and another for 13(man I feel oldLOL)
(man I feel oldLOL) I got a pretty good idea I'm a bit older than you yet!

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Hell I've had mine for 3 years & plan to keep it for as long as I can. I plan to Brad the frame some here in the summer. Sorry brad but your frames are mint.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I owned a 92 ranger from 1996 to 2007 when I sold it after buying my current 1996 ccsb. I hate vehicle payments so I try to buy them cheap and keep them living.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Congrats buddy,
My take on it is anyone can buy a new one if they want, but it takes true commitment to keep these older trucks running and in good shape. Thankfully there are venders out there that see a benefit to continuing to support these trucks.

I wonder when you compare the full life cycle of these trucks (from raw steel to grave) compared against the newer trucks and Prius (green type vehicles) what the real environmental impacts are. I would suggest given the long tenure (for OBS Powerstrokes) our trucks have less impacts on the environment. I mean it will be interesting to see if a Prius or 2014 truck will make it 20 years... i very much doubt it.....

jrc

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
My cousin has a 06 350 and its got more rust on it then my 96 does.

My aunts shopping for a vehicle with less then 100k on it & I'm like I don't worry about mileage cause unless I buy new there always gonna be minor issues & i said mine has 286k & she like 286k on that red truck. My response was yep & it will do anything asked of it better then most trucks with half the mileage & look better.

Ultimately the last real truck ford built was the OBS plan & simple

·
Registered
626 Posts
Congrats on the milestones...I must be your worldly twin....same job 30 years same spouse nearly 30 years...my F100 over 25 years...hell check this out I went to buy a new Suzuki ATV in November to replace my 1991 Suzuki ATV....and the kid selling me the unit was younger than that 1991 unit.....:cool: I still have the 91 but love my new 750cc fuel injected 4x4 unit....dang it can do some wheelies. Oh yea I have had my 96 CCLB a very long time also.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Congrats, it's nice to hear someone holding on to such a sweet truck. I've had my obs since December 13, 2010.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Have owned my '97 since 3/7/97 with 3.7 miles on the odometer. Just turned 200k a few weeks ago.

Hell, I still have the Yamaha TT225 I bought brand new in '86 as well.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Have owned my '97 since 3/7/97 with 3.7 miles on the odometer. Just turned 200k a few weeks ago.

that's awesome!

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts

LOL, I wish I had my 96 or 97 that long, but I was graduated H.S. in 96 so that wasn't gonna happen

·
Registered
432 Posts
havent had the crew but 2 years but the 77 in my sig dad bought new shortly before i was born and finally sold it to me 9 years ago

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Guys, this is cool! Just looked at a buddies new to him '94 F250 PSD 5spd RC 4x4. I started telling him all the things I'd do to it he was saying WHOA pretty quick. I just live these old trucks. Id rather have one than a new one. Any fool with good credit (including me) can have a new one!

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
Congrats! I keep stuff a long time also. In 1989 I bought a new F250 7.3 and drove it everyday for over 20 years before selling it and buying my 1997 F350 CC. Ive been married for almost 20, same house for over 21 years, had my 1986 CC dually for 20 years, my Cuda for 31 years, my Roadrunner for 26 years, my 1956 F100 for 12 years, same tractor for 21 years. Wow I'm looking back now, and thinking it's amazing how long something can last if you take care of it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Thanks Guys, this is cool! Just looked at a buddies new to him '94 F250 PSD 5spd RC 4x4. I started telling him all the things I'd do to it he was saying WHOA pretty quick. I just live these old trucks. Id rather have one than a new one. Any fool with good credit (including me) can have a new one!
I completely agree. I have always loved older vehicles and that will never change for me. People always laugh at me when I say I'd keep my truck and completely restore it if i won the lotto. I've also been with the same girl since i was a sophmore in high school, and people can't believe that either. So i guess alot of us on this thread do things a little different than most.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts