Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
WINNING
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody make a 1" rear block? I took the blocks out of the back of my truck, and it sits about 1/2" lower in the rear now. It's not really that noticable, but it bugs the crap out of me.

-French

·
Metal - It kicks your ass
3,090 Posts
:whs:
It's more noticable when your behind my truck. I was just thinking about putting excursion front leafs in mine to drop the front a bit.

·
WINNING
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are some pictures for referance. Don't pay attention to the lack of a front bumper.

-French

·
WINNING
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:whs:
It's more noticable when your behind my truck. I was just thinking about putting excursion front leafs in mine to drop the front a bit.
I was thinking the same thing, but I don't want to have to shorten the front drive shaft. Plus I like the ride height in the front, just needs to be a hair taller in the rear.

-French

·
3,090 Posts
You could always build your own... Buy a foot of 1"X3" thick steel and the right size of rod (1/2" IIRC) for the little knob on top. cut the slab to the right length, drill a hole in the center for the dowel. Place it in and weld it solid. Leave some space in the bottom for the other dowel.

:shrug: That's what i would do if i wanted it done now.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
im debatin on settin my dually down a lil ways, but its a 4x4 1 ton so idk how itd look, can't decide if ima lift it and put mudders on it or drop it with some smaller tires and bigger rims

·
3,090 Posts
im debatin on settin my dually down a lil ways, but its a 4x4 1 ton so idk how itd look, can't decide if ima lift it and put mudders on it or drop it with some smaller tires and bigger rims
DROP IT:D

Put some bags on it for hauling chit and your good man.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
DROP IT:D

Put some bags on it for hauling chit and your good man.
i already got air lift 5000's on it, but if i drop it then its comin down like 3-5, im not playin around just settin the rear down n leveling it

·
WINNING
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've seen a few duallys without the rear block and they look pretty good, even with the stock wheels on there.

-French

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
3,067 Posts
Get your front bumper back on there, and then see what you think, it may just be a trick of the eye, unless you actually measured it at a 1/2" lower in the rear?

·
Lost Cause
896 Posts
Icon makes 1" blocks. What I run with my 5" leafs.

·
Registered
62 Posts
i have 1in aluminum blocks and tow as well there fine at 1in but i wouldnt go any bigger... i dont like blocks as it is any way have you thought about add-a-leaf? also try 4wheelparts.com

·
WINNING
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Get your front bumper back on there, and then see what you think, it may just be a trick of the eye, unless you actually measured it at a 1/2" lower in the rear?
Bumper is back on and it looks a little better than it does in the pictures, but i measured it to be 1/2" lower in the rear. I'll keep looking and thanks for all the replies.

-French

·
WINNING
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Below are some updated pictures of my truck, stock front suspension and 1" blocks in the rear. Turned out pretty good, I am wanting to put a set of 20's or 18's and some Kumho tires on, but have to recoupe some money after doing some engine mods. Let me know what you think:D

-French

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
3,067 Posts
Looks good. I should be there hopefully soon, cept I think I am going to cut the coils and run no block in the rear.

·
rollin coal!
328 Posts
I just picked up a 1" block from 4 wheel parts for $30, it was made by pro comp

1 - 20 of 21 Posts