Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 Piece Driveshaft

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Layson 
#1 ·
How expensive is it to go with a 1 piece driveshaft and get rid of the 2 piece hanger bearing crap ? What's there to consider as far as concerns for doing this ?

#3 ·
I've talked to some local guys and right away they haven't a clue.....all I get is...well if it wasn't a crew cab or if were a chevrolet crew cab it wouldn't be problem cause they have shorter shafts or I can't guarantee it's not gonna break or vibrate....It can't be that hard to make a single driveshaft for a truck that only has a 6" lift.....and to all the LOCAL shops I'm sorry my truck's not a Chevrolet and my transmission and transfer case aren't 2 feet longer and that my driveshaft has to travel further than from the rear axle to right where the bed begins....I bought a FORD so stop telling me what you could do if it were a CHEVY....lol

#6 ·
I have no vibration at all, I just seem to be wearing out the rubber that surrounds the hanger bearing and this causes the driveshaft to move around, no bearing issues or noise just rubber keeps getting shredded....where did you get that piece and how much ? That looks like exactly what I need.

#8 ·
Thats very nice! I'm glad you posted that picture.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.