Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered a 4" turboback for my E99 f250 6 speed. The down pipe was 1/16 inch away from the bellhousing and the exhaust rattles like hell. Nothing in the fitment notes said there would be a problem. I talked with the vendor and DE before I ordered this system. Told them it was an E99 6 speed and both said it would fit fine. After 2 months af back and forth they tell me that they are sending me a new downpipe. They said the vendor should have know that it took a special kit. The guy at diamond eye said they were shipping it out last Thursday. A week goes by and nothing so I call them. I get some lady and she is about rude telling me that they dont do that and there exhaust should fit. Maybe I did something wrong. She takes my number an says she will call me back. I get a call back and nobody has shipped anything. The tells me that the 4" downpipe wont fit the 6 speed. She then tells me they are going to ship me a 3.5 inch down pipe. I am like WTH thats not a 4" system. I am told sorry thats just how it is. She takes my name and address down and says she is going to send my a 3.5 inch downpipe. So I guess thats what I am stuck with. Just an FYI for you 6 speed guys with an E99.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
wow. I have an auto and their tail pipe was mislabelled, I took pics of it showin the tag and they sent the correct one right away.

·
COMPUTER BLUE
1,979 Posts
I also bought one for a f450 w. Rear fuel tank and had no problems at all with fitment hopefully it will all get resolved for you

·
< pissed off pumkin.
1,880 Posts
I got mine about 4 years ago and never had any problems, fit good, sounds good.

Dan

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Strange, we have not had fitment issues with any of their kits. The e99 6 speed could be special case though.

·
Registered
233 Posts
BTW there is no diff between the 3.5" and 4" DP in performance. I run a 3.5" on my E99

·
< pissed off pumkin.
1,880 Posts
A lot of people say you,ll loose a little bottom end with the 4" over a stock 3.5". I cant say I felt a loss, but I did few other things to it at the same time so i proble made it up with those mods.

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
I had the same problem. One way to look at it is most h2e turbo mount kits use a 3.5 downpipe so I don't think there is any loss.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts