Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, this is my 1st post so i'll be direct and to the point. Just wondering if anyone could give me a good estimate of what my 05 f-250 XL 4x4 CC could run using only a SCT X3 from innomotive on it's extreme setting. Truck has stock wheels, tires, and suspension. Also i'd like to know what would be the best rpm to launch at and if I should launch in 4wd. Any tips on how to run the 1/4 in these powerstrokes would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

·
BRING DA AMBALAMPS
1,951 Posts
well if you're running eric's extreme race and you launch right, I'd say anywhere between 13.9-14.3 or so......if you're a good driver. I'm sure someone else with a better idea will chime in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok now my other question was is it possible to run the entire 1/4 mile in 4x4 or can you launch in 4wd for the 60ft then switch to 2wd for the high end?

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
launch in 4x4 high, even if you switch to 2x4, it will still stay engaged until you let off of the skinny pedal, just how they work.

·
Registered
271 Posts
How fast can you go in 4x4 high? Do you have to have the hubs locked for Hi to work? I have the manual transfer case so Idk if its as easy to throw into 2wd as the switch.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yes you have to have the hubs locked for 4hi or 4low to work. Don't worry about speed it'll be fine, just slip the Transfer Case back to 2wd before you turn at the end of the track.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Id just leave it in 4x4. Even if you take it out, it wont come out unless you let off. Even wit the manual shifter it probably wont want to disengage because of the pressure against it under full throttle. A 1/4 mile run is fine in 4x4, there are guys that have gone 125+. Ive gone 106 and thats in a lifted truck with driveline angles not as good as a stock height truck, so youll be just fine. in 2wd youll just spin. Play around with launching at different boost and rpm to find the sweet spot. If your truck is stock height with stock size wheels and tires, high 13s may be possible if you can get a good 60 foot. If not expect low 14s.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have the manual transfer case as well, And 4x4high with the hubs locked up front seem to be the way to go. Tried a launch bone stock @ 20+ psi and it felt great! Can't wait to get the innovative SCT X3 Extreme Race tune on it..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Also wanted to ask, with mine being a long bed, how much of a disadvantage do I have versus a short bed in the 1/4 mile traction and time wise??

·
Registered
297 Posts
i ran a 13.77 tune and exhaust. any where between 13.8-14.4 is normal

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
My truck is slower/lower power than others with similar mods, but with Xtreme race on 35x13 terra grapplers FULL tank of full and tool box I have ran a best of [email protected]

4x4 Hi all the way with manually locking the hubs

Seems 2k RPM is a good spot to start for launching, launching off rpm seems to be more predictable than boost, but around 10psi should be good. Best I was able to muster was a 1.9 60'

·
Registered
359 Posts
20 psi drop the brake pedal skinny pedal to the mat it will come off the line scream'n high 13's low 14's

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
Nope, I meant mine being a Crew Cab long bed vs. a Crew Cab short bed..
Not sure if this will work, but here is my F350 crew cab long bed with only Innovative Diesel's xtreme race tune off the SCT and 5" exhaust are the only performance mods, and deperformance with bigger tires, lift and added weight...

Incompatible Browser | Facebook

·
Registered
465 Posts
These trucks can run a high-13 with just a tune and exhaust? I thought most people were only seeing low-mid 14's, or is that just because of 37''+ tires?

·
Registered
359 Posts
These trucks can run a high-13 with just a tune and exhaust? I thought most people were only seeing low-mid 14's, or is that just because of 37''+ tires?
YES i havent ran mine at the track but 2 of my friends have 6.0s one is ex cab short bed on 33s with looney tunes seen it run 13.71 other one is exclb on 33s runnin tunes from elite seen it run 14.16 im pretty sure that the 4x4 boosted launch is the key if u do this right the 6.0 will get on down but now with the 6.4 and spartan tuning out they aint sh*t

1 - 20 of 68 Posts