Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this a good setup for my truck? I have stock sticks, tunes, intake, exhaust and its a 5 speed. I dont have money for a new turbo. Ill be getting gauges shortly and trying to think of my next step performance wise thats fairly cheap and gonna add some power. What would you guys do if you were in my shoes?? Is there somthing else I could do for power.. would a custom tune be any help over php canned tunes since I dont have any big mods? Need advice for fairly cheap upgrades. Dont have money for turbo, sticks, or clutch so those are out for now.

·
obs addiction
1,054 Posts
My brother runs this setup, not much of a power difference with stock sticks, but definitely spools sooner. You should do the 360 thrust bearing aswell when u rebuild it. Had somewhere around $550 in his turbo parts... Look on eBay I came across some turbos for pretty cheap the other day, 600-800 range and the one was a d66 all new or rebuilt. I'll post up a link shortly

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I have never tried the 1.0 housing on a OBS turbo. i switched to a 99+ turbo that have .84 housings. with the ZF it seemed like i was constantly driving "under the turbo". the tighter housing is prob my fav mod of everything i have done. truck is allot more fun to drive. especially with 3.55 gears and 315/75's. i have stock injectors as well.

·
obs addiction
1,054 Posts
I have never tried the 1.0 housing on a OBS turbo. i switched to a 99+ turbo that have .84 housings. with the ZF it seemed like i was constantly driving "under the turbo". the tighter housing is prob my fav mod of everything i have done. truck is allot more fun to drive. especially with 3.55 gears and 315/75's. i have stock injectors as well.
How's your Egts? I'd think they are pretty high due to the small housing. Unless u have an intercooler

·
obs addiction
1,054 Posts
Ok didn't know if ya were

1 - 6 of 6 Posts