Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 09 f250 Harley edition. I bought it fully deleted, and the truck ran amazing for 1 year. Occasionally after I first bought it I would get the code p0088, which is fuel rail pressure too high. I cleared it and it would be gone for months. In the span of a year I had to clear it 3 times. Just recently I blew an up pipe and had to pull the cab. which I did with only a single jack and wood blocks. Now I live in New Hampshire and we are known for rust that destroys vehicles. Needless to say removing some bolts was a night mare. after all was said and done I got her all back together and took her for a test drive. realized instantly that I was having an issue with my EBP sensor. I bought a new one and test drove again. I popped the p0088 code again. I cleared it and after 2 miles I popped the codes p0088, p0301, p2263. Now I am not hoping it is what I think it is but I have to face reality. Is my injector pump along with injectors shot? has anyone else had this issue? any insight is welcomed. Thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a bunch of similar codes including P0088 when I had cracked up-pipes on my '08 6.4. I'll just say; your DPF & EGR aren't helping...take that as you will. Replacing the up-pipes and putting a tuner on the truck more or less cleared-up all of my issues and greatly improved fuel economy (+Power) for years - until I dropped a rocker arm. If your rocker arms are original, I'd be willing to bet that's something you'll need to keep your eye on (or preemptively replace - do the pushrods and lifters while you're in there - it's only the cost of those parts once you have the valve covers off).

Try addressing the up-pipes and EGR/DPF first. It worked for me.

If you're still having issues, it could be that the wiring on your HPFP (High Pressure Fuel Pump) is chafing. That doesn't mean you need to replace the HPFP, just the harness it sits on (not sure if 'harness' is the right term). There are more posts and articles on the HPFP than any other issue when it comes to the 6.4, just do some searching online - which I'm sure you've done plenty of already.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If rocker or rockers are broke truck will idle like crap. Does ur truck sound normal at idle?
the truck idles great. I have taken it for a few more test runs after clearing the codes and it runs amazing for a few miles. then it throws the codes and still idles great but goes into limp mode. I have replaced both up pipes. I did noticed that my turbo makes a awkward noise sounding almost like a gurgling right before the codes come back on. could it be the turbo alone causing the problem?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts