Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found an '09 bed in perfect condition. Even includes the bolts.

Couple questions.

1. This will be a direct bolt on, correct.

2. Is $1200 a good price for it.

It is even the correct color.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Getting it from Western Hauler. He said it would. Even has a backup cam on it.

·
That thing got a Cummins?
1,229 Posts
Sounds like a great deal. I think it should bolt right up!

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are on there. It is 100% complete. I went there looking for a new tailgate, and saw the bed.

·
Registered
403 Posts
The bed itself is exactly the same 99-2010. No reason to swap unless yours is destroyed. The tailgate is prob what you want.

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
I wouldn't spend the money on it unless your bed has issues. Far as I know they're the same, just swap the tailgate.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
The wiring pins in the 08 bed are at different locations. You have to switch a few of them around to get them to work with 08 taillights. Is it a tailgate w/ a step and a camera?? but other wise bolts right up.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My bed floor is junk, my fenders are getting really rough. My rail caps are scarred up, my front wall of the bed is tacoed. The tailgate is held on with tie down straps.

My truck has led a rough life, it has been used as a truck for all of it's life. It had a Chevy short block thrown in the bed, not tied down and it lived back there for over a year (previous owner). It rolled around a lot.

The new bed is brand new and perfect, and the right color. The tailgate has the step, and the camera. Also has the new lights in it.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Andy,

If you need another pair of hands for the swap, let me know.
Will do. Not even sure where I am going to do the swap at yet though. I think I need a pretty flat spot.

I will have some dually fenders, and some bed panels for sale soon if anyone is interested. Dually fenders need paint, but they are straight, bed panels are straight, on the outside. Tail lights may be missing the plug connectors.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
my dad put a 08 bed on an 07 and when he hit the brakes the backup lights came on and the blinkers were backwards. just get someone who knows what there doing to hook it up

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Any chance they would have any more of the tailgates? Or would you want a regular gate plus cash. Send me PM

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
my dad put a 08 bed on an 07 and when he hit the brakes the backup lights came on and the blinkers were backwards. just get someone who knows what there doing to hook it up
I can wire anything up to work, lights are easy.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Any chance they would have any more of the tailgates? Or would you want a regular gate plus cash. Send me PM
Right now they don't have just tailgates, unless somebody want's the regular bed with a custom tailgate, they pull the bed and sell them whole.

No, I think I want the new tailgate on it. Thanks though.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
the body shop he bought it from put it on and they didnt even get it right but i dont care for them anyway cause our excursion got run through a barb wire fence (some body filler and paint) they had it for 4 and a half months

·
Registered
193 Posts
The bed will bolt right on. That seems like a fair deal. The cheapest I've ever seen is $700 for complete bed/tailgate, etc for an '08 in AZ on ebay, plus shipping unless your close. In CA there going for almost 2k on average. If you need a new bed, this is a good deal. Enjoy.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Shipping, Western Hauler is like a 1/4 mile from my office. He even told me if I pulled the bed off somewhere else, his hands would help me set it on my frame rails. I could set there in his lot and hook everything up. Really cool guy. I am going to talk to him about PSN sponsorship if it won't make Mike upset with me.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, I now own it. Got a cash discount. $1200 was a great price. I stole this bed for a measly $800.00. It is so complete, it even comes with the new bolts.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts