Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed an 08 tailgate on my 01 Super Duty. I Just want to help anyone else looking to do this. My 08 does not have the step so it made it very easy.
For anyone looking to do this here is all you need.

1. 08 Tailgate shell
2. 08 outer handle only
3. 08 emblem
4. 08 upper pad

You will re-use you straps, latches, rods, and inner handle mechanism.

·
A Ghost these days.
1,017 Posts
How much is the step to add in. My tail gate is bent and due for replacement.

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
How much did she cost ???? Any pics ??

·
Registered
607 Posts
Tells us more tell us more

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
you can get one with no step off ebay for around 450 bucks..I am going to do this conversion too..but i want to find one with a step.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Most with the step go for $800 +. Powerstroke shop had it avaliable when it 1st came out but it was like $1200 for everything.

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
Ya I like the look, but not enough to shell out near 500$ just so it says Superduty.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am in the auto collision industry so it came out very inexpensive. My cousin gave me the shell with slight damage which was fixed. The upper pad was 21.00 my cost and the handle was 21.00 my cost the rest was transfered from my old gate even the inner cover. I am doing the paint my self actually I was working on it today and will paint it on Monday ( white ) I also did the 05 conversion on the front end and a set of 20" factory wheels of the 06 Chrome package truck I will try to upload pics tommorow.

Tailgate cost

08 shell ( Free ) may be lunch for my cousin
08 handle 21.00
08 pad 21.00
paint and labor ( me )

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Get some stainless letters for the tailgate that would be sharp.
I am do you know where I can find them? I was actually online last knight looking for them. I had some on my cobra from UPR which where the best. I called them and they said they are working on them for Super Duty but won't be available till probably a month or two. I am going to set up my truck with white and chrome or stainless. I will leave all the black trim with a black low profile diamond plate tool box. I also ordered the third brake light cover in aluminum.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the link but that is alot of money. I think the UPR COBRA letters cost me about 59.00 and they were also polished stainless. These are very thick and nice but that is alot of money. I will wait for UPR to manfactor them or paint the letters myself black when I paint the tailgate.

·
Who is Obama?
1,779 Posts
Thanks for the link but that is alot of money. I think the UPR COBRA letters cost me about 59.00 and they were also polished stainless. These are very thick and nice but that is alot of money. I will wait for UPR to manfactor them or paint the letters myself black when I paint the tailgate.
is this better? CLICKY MEME

1 - 20 of 23 Posts