Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
wish i had a 6.4l
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to upgrade my 2003 superduty to some 08 tail lights, have a lead on some new oem tail lights for $70, first question what did you pay for your 08 tail lights, did you go oem or after market, what to look for to make sure they are oem, i have found after market one for as cheap as $20 a piece, what are the quality of the after market ones any moisture in them. and just for fun if anyone wants to post some pictures i always like pictures.

·
Registered
799 Posts
paid $1800 for two sets off of a 2010...
but i got two complete take off beds and tailgates thrown in with that price.

·
wish i had a 6.4l
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are there any identifying marks on them like fomoco any where on them, afraid this kid bought some cheap ones and is saying they are oem.

·
International Diesel Tech
199 Posts
I got the aftermarket ones for $65 a pair. I dont know about the moisture because I tinted them black. IMO I wouldn't worry about OEM for taillights but headlights are a whole different story. Oh and you got get the pigtail sockets for at least the reverse lights too.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I got the aftermarket ones for $65 a pair. I dont know about the moisture because I tinted them black. IMO I wouldn't worry about OEM for taillights but headlights are a whole different story. Oh and you got get the pigtail sockets for at least the reverse lights too.
Where do you get the reverse socket at?

·
wish i had a 6.4l
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if you lived closer i would be, i don't like buying used parts online. thanks for the offer. what did you replace them with?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Here is everything you need to know in this video. Links are in the description to buy stuff.

I HIGHLY recommend this upgrade. My reverse lights are SUPER bright. People have mistaken them for headlights (Note: I use a high wattage bulb. Info in video). Also, my brake lights are about twice as bright.

I paid I think $50 for the pair of lights, and $10 for the socket and bulbs. DEFINITELY worth it. One of my more favorite mods to date.

·
is awesome
45 Posts
hmmm good info on the video. does the 3rd brakelight differ from the 05's?

·
Registered
291 Posts
hmmm good info on the video. does the 3rd brakelight differ from the 05's?
According to the LMC catalog, no. Which coincides with my recollection.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I paid $50 for my tails on eBay. OEM and looked brand new

·
wish i had a 6.4l
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i can get the tail lights from ford for $43 each, i think i will just get them from the ford store, this way i know they are factory and i don't have to drive 30 min. to get them.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
i can get the tail lights from ford for $43 each, i think i will just get them from the ford store, this way i know they are factory and i don't have to drive 30 min. to get them.
Check out sunrise ford. I believe they are a site sponsor here and have them pretty cheap to PSN members.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts