1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
it's an 02 05 08
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
truck looks good bud, Im a huge fan of the red. use rockauto.com for your taillights. I got mine for 58.33 shipped for both.

Chad

·
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz
2,411 Posts
i want to do an 08 front end conversion but im not sure where to start
What would that require? Wouldnt you have to change the fenders, hood, grille, lights, and bumper?

·
it's an 02 05 08
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks guys,never though the bumper would change the look so much,to do the tailgate swap you will need the left hinge bracket off an 08,the bumper bolts up judt wire up license plate lights cause the plugs are different

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
:postwhore2: I like the bumper!!! I scored a 08 tailgate for my truck last year for free from a buddy that totaled his but the tail light plugs were diff. did you use the 08 plugs or what?

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
that tip is gone now, I have a 6" tip on it now, it's a general concensus that it looks 100x better now than before.

you just have to be patient on the tailgate, they are hard to come by for a good deal. I looked for a LONG time. I had planned on changing the rear bumper anyway and had a guy offer me his 08 tailgate for my bumper and 150 bucks........so I guess you could say I have about 350 in mine after I bought the tailgate and the rollpan, but if not I only have 150 into mine + paint.

Chad

·
it's an 02 05 08
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the tail gates are super hard to come by and usually poeple want alot for them just the tailgate and hardware unpainted from ford is 1200,i got mine off a totaled truck as well

1 - 20 of 20 Posts