Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
it's an 02 05 08
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing 08 power and signal mirriors on an 03 6.0,I have got the lights to work,and the mirriors move but the functions are reversed when you move the mirrior left or right it moves left and right,and up and down also moves it left and right.any help in how to correct this would be great

·
Grumpy Old Bitter Bastard
6,476 Posts
Mine did the same thing on the 99. Figured the next time I pull the doors apart I'd flip a couple wires. But for now, I just live with it - as long as I know which way they go.

·
it's an 02 05 08
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would deal with it to but its a customers truck and needs to be done right i have heard you can swap the wires on the mirrior motor but i dont know how the mirrior comes apart

·
Grumpy Old Bitter Bastard
6,476 Posts
Swap the wire at the connector

·
Registered
825 Posts
Doesn't work swapping at connector. Has to be done behind the glass. I thought I had saved a link to it but can't find it.

·
it's an 02 05 08
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks man,really appreciate it,i found the link earlier but it was no good,i tried reversing the wires at the plug and discovered early on that that didnt work long before posting here

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
It can be where the wires used to go into the connector. I did one by pulling the glass out and then thought that is stupid. I did the other one inside the door instead of the mirror. Has been working fine for over a year now.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Didn't have any luck changing them in the door. Seems that botm motors would operate at the same time.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Huh, I did change the driver side in the mirror and the passenger side in the door. Maybe that had something to do with it. Sounds like ya got it taken care of though.

·
Registered
825 Posts
No, just live with them operating in reverse. Still have to find wires for the turnsignals. When I swapped the wires in the doors If I pushed the lever say to the right the mirror would move right but the other motor would also operate and move the mirror up. That make sense?

·
it's an 02 05 08
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
any body have a diagram of the 08 mirrior and one on the truck i swapped the wire and only one motor works and when you hit the switch the lights on the mirrior come one at this point im stumped

1 - 12 of 12 Posts