Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone pulled this off yet? PMF sells the bracket for the 99-07superduty swap. Couldn't it just be adapted to fit?

·
airman
1,064 Posts
Wait what? 99-07 rear leafs are bolt on with no mods other than drilling a bushing. The 08+ leafs are suppose to be longer and won't work

·
STILL LEARNING
18,328 Posts
Wait what? 99-07 rear leafs are bolt on with no mods other than drilling a bushing. The 08+ leafs are suppose to be longer and won't work
And that is why the OP asked about the PMF RELOCATING mounts

·
airman
1,064 Posts
Ahh I get what he's asking now, I checked the obs part of their site for such a thing but didn't think to check the 99-07. I see it now. That's a good question but I bet this is uncharted territory.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it seems to me if the Super Duty Springs are a bolt in modification for the OBS trucks and the 08^ springs are a bolt in modification (with the PMF brackets) for the 99-07 trucks .....in theory it sounds like it would work.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Any reason why?

as far as ride quality I was under the impression the "b" code springs have the best ride..

·
Registered
854 Posts
The 2008 plus leaf spring center the axle in the middle of the spring, I think the 2008 plus are 8" longer in the front. If you look at your current leaf springs the axle is a lot closer to the front of the springs. The newer springs are suppose to give you a better ride and handle a load better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts