Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys is it possible to install a 08 model front bumper on an 05 model truck i have found a guy selling a ranch hand replacement bull nose bumper and is interested in tradeing for my frontier full front replacement bumper with a grill gaurd on it and i was wanting to know if there is any modifications needed to be able to install an 08 fromt replcement bumper on my 05

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
they are shaped quite a bit different you will have to custom fab the mounts.... but it shouldnt be that hard

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
I dont believe it will fit at all, the bumper set-up is completely different, grill set-up and lights. It will not match. The 08 bumpers are completely straight across vs the 03-07 the bumpers arc up after the grill up to the lights. Heres a few pictures 08 on top and mine on the bottom you can tell the difference in them.

08f350.jpg

New Grill.jpg

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
that could be fabbed onto the new bumper after the initial mount though.... but those would have to be built also.....

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Rite but at what cost ? What would you end up spending just to swap bumpers I wouldnt but thats me.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Im pretty sure you have to get a new hood and fenders to make the grill and bumper to fit....thats what I have heard

1 - 7 of 7 Posts